wiring issues

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so yesterday when i was driving home from school evrything was normal and as i pulled into my drive way the factory engine light pegged itsself and triggered the engie light-cuss ok easy enough pop the hood and check temps on the rdiator cap( mine has a temp at the top:thumbsup:) it was perfectly fine and dandy.tired i go inside and forget about it. now this morning i go outside start her up all is fine gauge is normal no engine light. drive to school all is fine. then me and a freind decide to go get some food real quike. well on the way back to school AGAIN it pegs it self and sets the light off. then it starts sprining all over the place and engine light is flashing depeiding where gauge is at. say screw it and head to class because i was about to be late anyways. fast forward 7 hours later go out to the truck start it up and it imediatly pegs its self and stays like that till i get home. i go inside and pull out the hayne manual for my truck and start reading. it said if i unplug the wire from the sesor and the light goes off then bad sensor. light stays on bad wiring. ok so go outside and try it. un plug the wire and it still stayed on-cuss
so im guessing its just bad wiring somewhere:dunno
doesnt bother me if i loose the factory gauge i have a aftermarket one that should be here wedesday no biggie.
i just dont want to be driving around with the engine light on.
what should i do is there a way i can just unplug the factory gauge?
sorry for the long post

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
it sounds like you have some wires with some frayed casing and they are grounding out on a piece of metal. i know what ya mean about not wanting the engine light on all the time but if everything is just fine physically then you are safe to drive. Do you have an aftermarket water temp gauge?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Check the ground wire at the intake to wiper motor connections and the ground wire from the drivers side battery to core support and inner fender area. Had that same issue this summer headed to the rally.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the ground wire at the intake to wiper motor connections and the ground wire from the drivers side battery to core support and inner fender area. Had that same issue this summer headed to the rally.

Could elaborae alittle more. I dont have much experience with wiring.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went and started the truck up again today and everythigs back to normal?
Oh well gauge should be here wensday so I'll know what's really going on.
Now I have other problems