wiper died

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While my wipers finally died. Read about it here, seems to be a common problem. First they got slow and worked sometimes usually requiring a couple of on-off cycles. Then not at all. I could pin the problem on the motor itself because they would draw current and trip the breaker disabling the relay (which in my case is under the passenger kick panel and looks nothing like what I have seen posted...). Anyway cold and sleeting here so brought it to my trusted Indy. I watched him do part of the job, he nicely propped the cowl up a few inches so it did not touch the hood. I should have taken a photo. There was 16 years of dirt and pine needles in there. It was good to clean it out. New motor from Ford, $90. Installation $120. Works like it never has before, stronger on low than it ever was on high for me. Good for another 16 years. Maybe.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Good to hear, cause mines dying on me. Good news is I just put a new motor on the now "parts truck" not too long ago. Guess I should do that soon. And fix the dribbling squirters.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wiper-motor quit about ten years ago; I drilled out the rivets, cleaned and lubed the brush-ways, replaced the now-missing rivets with machine screws, and it has worked better than new ever since; total cost = zero. :D