Winter is arriving - bbbrrrrr!

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure looks like winter is coming in the mid central area of British Columbia.
Yesterday I had to go into Prince George to do errands etc. and the temperature for most of the day was -28C or -18F. That is on 23rd November as well - January is several weeks away yet.

I have to tell ya, my old 1986 F250 with the 6.9 engine fired up and ran like a top all the time. Having new studded winter tires helped a lot, I am sure.

Funnily enough, just a few days ago I decided to put my 2002 Dodge under cover for the winter - out of the elements. You would not believe the problems I had getting snow and ice off the Dodge truck, doors frozen to door seals and not opening, windshield wiper not functioning, erratic heater defrosting etc.::eek::mad:mad: A pretty poor showing for a much newer truck - the engine ran and started fine, but all the other stuff spoil;Sweet;Sweett things a bit.

It is nice to know some of the older machines and technology still works when the going gets tuff !!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers

mariner

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is I never had problems opening the doors on my truck even in extreme frost and rare occasions of freezing rain. Ford placed the weather seals on the door frame and use a fairly large overhang for the door shell around the seal which seems to prevent too much moisture getting in. The Rav4 in the family on the other hand, has the weather seals on the door itself and that thing freezes shut very often!

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
same idea over in terrace bc just started snowin tonight for the first time this year, how far is hixon from pg? i think i was threw there this summer on my way back from kelowna, i went through the mcbride way i was towing 25k and didnt want to go up the coquahalah in 40* weather id cook everything.

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same idea over in terrace bc just started snowin tonight for the first time this year, how far is hixon from pg? i think i was threw there this summer on my way back from kelowna, i went through the mcbride way i was towing 25k and didnt want to go up the coquahalah in 40* weather id cook everything.

Hi Pedro,

I am midway between Prince George and Quesnel on highway 97. I actually live 5 km south of the village of Hixon (too small to call a town with only maybe 600 people) on top of a 7% hill. My house is set back 1/4 mile from the highway itself giving me a 440 metre driveway to clear after each snow fall-cuss-cuss-cuss

Is 2am and I just looked outside and it is snowing again ! Looks like it might be a long white winter this year.

mariner

93iditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the island we have had about a foot of snow fall in some areas, ive been plugging my truck in and its starting great!

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
My IDI froze shut once, it was literally covered in ice.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
mine is parked for the winter. its never been winter driven. but yesterday it snowed over 2 feet in some areas around terrace, i was out plowin snow all night. but i start my truck a few times a month and let her run it was just a cold spell here of temps around -24 without wind, plug her in for an hour or two and she fires right up as if it was summer out side. now shes got an insulated white blanket on it.