winter front

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I"m looking for a winter front griil cover for a 1993 f 350. Any body have one they want to get rid of?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
cardboard don't work...ask me how i know lol

Didnt work on my buddy's truck either. AC pressure relief valve failed and blew the heater box clean off the firewall when the evap coil blew up!
Only thing I can think of as he left it idling with it on defrost mode after some time, he went back out to shut it down and as he got half way back to the house it blew, lifting the hood up on the truck as it had so much force.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I have done all of that before. I was thinking of a real one now because it is nice to be able to just open it up if it warms up. With the temp swing around here and i travel to the adaroundacks in ny it would be covienant.

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Fia winter fronts are pretty reasonable and also come with a net for the grill for summer use. I have a Fia winter front on both of my vehicles and they work well. Around $60 ors o as I recall.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I had a thread not long ago asking about these.

One of the vendors here sells the FIA one's, IIRC.

I'm planning on going e-fans soon, so that'll be fairly equal to having a winter front.

Someone in my thread said to go to a upholstery shop and just have one made of ATV/utv/snowmobile/motorcycle seat cover material.

Personally I would get the snap type.
I hate anything/everything with Velcro, with a passion.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corrugated plastic signs like realtors use in front of houses for sale work very well.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corrugated plastic signs like realtors use in front of houses for sale work very well.

Never thought of that, plenty of houses for sale around here, maybe just midnight requisition a couple of them. Gonna be -2F here tonight

osokusmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to be cool like me, use your empty Howes box. If you don't have an empty Howes box, you don't need a winter front in the first place.