• Total voters

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Really whatever a standard fiberglass cap weighs works for me.;Sweet
Problem is it makes a heck of a windsail on a crew cab.:eek:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I usually come out with the trailer and some load, about 10k lbs. If no trailer then there is always plenty stuff to carry around :rolleyes: .

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont need no wieght,it makes the ride intersting!i love freekin people out with the crew cab or the car carrier slideing around a corner :D

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
well right now I have 30 full veggie oil containers in the bed and the damn truck still slides around.
extra weight makes it ride nice though

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I plowed snow I had 400# of sand bags piled over the axle, with wooden boards bracketed on either side to keep them put. Having the weight in the back made it able to do a lot of plowing in 2wd, which takes a lot of strain off of the front driveline.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I just let the weight of the bed and hydraulics do their thing, run an empty bed otherwise!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I can't say for sure. I just put the wifey in the bed and drive....:eek: :D :rotflmao :rotflmao I'll bet I'm going to Hell for that too....:backoff

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I can't say for sure. I just put the wifey in the bed and drive....:eek: :D :rotflmao :rotflmao I'll bet I'm going to Hell for that too....:backoff

I hope you have done as I have and built a nice dog house...my wife no longer sends me there as it is where I like to be most a good deal of the time! :backoff

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I know it is going to get slick, I send the wife to the feed-mill and have her load six to ten hundred-pound sacks of horse-feed.

They stay nice and dry, under her topper; and, once the weather gets back to normal, I just unload them and feed it as usual.

This keeps me from having to hand load something else, such as concrete blocks, and then having to unload it and put it back where it goes.

My truck is double-frame, sleeper, and heavy steel flat, along with 92 gallons of fuel; I don't add anything to it.

rubberfish

Reaction score
I'm going to guess that the weights around,,,,, I don't know.

This keeps me from having to hand load something else, such as concrete blocks, and then having to unload it and put it back where it goes.

My thoughts exactly. I hate doing things twice.
So, when it snows, I shovel the driveway into the bed.
And, I don't have to empty it, :) unless I want to park inside. :mad:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, when it snows, I shovel the driveway into the bed.
And, I don't have to empty it, :) unless I want to park inside. :mad:

Large cities, such as New York, have a terrible problem getting rid of enormous amounts of snow; you can only push it so far and pile it so high.

The railroads take gondola cars of scrap-metal to various metal recycling facilities in the north-east; then, they sideline the strings of empty cars so that the city road crews can fill them with snow.

The railroad then pulls the snow-laden cars back to the sunny south.

The cars are usually empty, by the time they reach their destination.

They also do this with coal trains.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I either haul my quad(730 lbs) or my sled(good 500 anyway) most of the time, the quad works nicely, the sled is just enough weight that I'm not spinning everywhere.... And, that's with studded tires no less....
Both are nice and easy to load and unload... Drive it on, back it off... LOL