Window weather stripping

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.lmctruck.com/features/fd/FD9DA.htm

I want to replace the cracking rubber moulding on my 90 cclb and the internet is confusing me as usual. Are the front and back doors the same part number for the rubber moulding? Is it 10 on that diagram? 12? I'm so confused haha. That page doesn't even say 350 but is assume there's no difference.

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe #13 from what you’ve described. As far as front vs rear stripping, should be the same style molding and the length may need to be trimmed down. I’m in the process of doing mine on my 83, tired of the whistling...just wanna hear that diesel noise

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
#10 is just the inner seal while #12 is both inner and outer seals for both sides. That's why there's a big price difference between the two.

Runningaford

Reaction score
I think almost no one sells the back door crew cab window sweeps/anti rattles. You can find them on Ebay, or Amazon, and last I saw were around $120.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the horizontal seal (10, 11) do you need just the inners, just the outers, or both? I'll bet these parts are the same one Dennis Carpenter sells, no longer made in USA. The outers are okay, but the inners suck; VERY poor quality, use the wrong clips for clipping to the door panel, I couldn't get them to work at all. I would recommend getting the outers only (11), and the glass run hoops (7) if you need them, and NOT the whole kit (13).

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try looking at national parts depot... They have started selling parts for these older trucks and their pricing and shipping was better than LMC truck.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait that might make sense, all of those are fine I don't need that. It's just the horizontal strip on the outside of each window that keeps rain from ending up in the inside of the door. All the other seals are fine but these are cracked just enough that water can get in especially when I wash the thing.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In other spring cleaning items, anyone remember if the power window motors are the same motor on both sides just upside down or backwards so it fits?

I have a spare from my truck when I replaced the drivers side motor when it failed and realized all it needed were the 3 little pieces in the gear replaced. Now it's fine but the passenger side is soooooooo slowwwwwww it still works but I'd love to replace it with this one if possible but I might be buying a new one if it's not just the 3 little plastic pieces. And I don't think it is cause it doesn't skip it's just... slow...

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was just for the outers for the back windows on a crew cab. Oddly enough in my picture to the right for the same price you could get the inners and outers for the front doors but they are totally different as you can see in the pic.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been curious... if we get to the point we CANT get the rear window trim, does it look like it would be possible to splice two front ones together to make a rear? I'd assume the rear windows curve the same as the back part of the front so in theory a left and right front could be trimmed to make a single rear?

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could but you'd be wasting 75% of one of the strips and the last clip wouldn't be in the right spot either.