Window motors, any good sources or all junk?

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I'm guessing the plastic bushings in there in that video based on the design of the large white gear are for cushioning so the window glass doesn't get broke.

I just bought a reman motor and realized it probably just needed those plastic bushings which appear to be available on Summitracing for only $13.99 with the big white gear for at least some Fords.

For reference I am working on my 88 Bronco II and for the driver side it would stop at the top and not work on occasion. I would remove the motor and it would work fine but had a stutter in the motion. Only takes two 10mm nuts and to get the motor apart at the Electrical end. Found it looks like some of the grease from the end bushing got into the armature and caused a breech. So after cleaning it runs smooth. Question is if the bushing was going bad and therefore heating up the grease in which case I may have to replace anyway.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better picture. The two pink wires are cut in the middle, and both connect to two identical black /white tracer wires, presumably to the alarm system. I can't tell which one goes where, i'm thinking I might just go color to color and bypass the black wires. Fck this alarm.

You must be registered for see images attach

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Locks now work! Bypassed the black wires and played match the colors. Don't have any crimp connectors handy so it's just heatshrunk for now (I'll be back in here soon, I know). The alarm remote won't lock / unlock anymore, but the door switches work again. Victory!

Window still doesn't work, but now at least I know the wires are good-ish and not the cause of my problem.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Locks now work! Bypassed the black wires and played match the colors. Don't have any crimp connectors handy so it's just heatshrunk for now (I'll be back in here soon, I know). The alarm remote won't lock / unlock anymore, but the door switches work again. Victory!

Window still doesn't work, but now at least I know the wires are good-ish and not the cause of my problem.

What is the trailer wiring used for?

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the trailer wiring used for?
I assume you mean the white / brown / yellow green wire bundle? That's spliced into the door controls in a few spots, I assume it's something to do with the alarm system but who knows. Here's a wider pic, you can kinda see where the spaghetti goes:

To anyone who's thinking about putting an alarm system on their truck, DON'T. All you're doing is giving the next owner a huge headache and ruining the stock wiring system.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Yeah I could change my mind about buying just about any truck if I see an aftermarket alarm system in it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I assume you mean the white / brown / yellow green wire bundle? That's spliced into the door controls in a few spots, I assume it's something to do with the alarm system but who knows. Here's a wider pic, you can kinda see where the spaghetti goes:

To anyone who's thinking about putting an alarm system on their truck, DON'T. All you're doing is giving the next owner a huge headache and ruining the stock wiring system.
Depends if you know what you're doing.
I had a buddy take a dodge to a shop, came back with that same trailer wiring everywhere.
I ripped that chit out and did it right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online