Winch mounting?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got any pictures?

I'm definitely not opposed to custom, as long as it ain't ugly!
Welding/etc is no problem

jtt220

Reaction score
If you are interested I build custom bumpers and assure you they are not ugly. I prefer the "hidden" winch mounts, but with the way your bumper mounts to the frame, it makes it a challenge to put a winch behind the bumper. However, if you are not opposed to welding bracket or mounting tabs to the frame that changes things.

I'd be interested in what your work looks like as well. I'm not immediately in the market, but soon!

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just a taste- I have something for anyone and can change to your liking. I don't want to over step my bounds since I am new here by posting links unless I become a vendor. PM me for any additional info and I will get back to you.

Attachments

• 92 Ford.jpg
    92 Ford.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 54
  • P4060384.JPG
    P4060384.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 55
  • P9090595.JPG
    P9090595.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 53

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, like the FRAME:eek:

And your back LOL. I'd at least use some bump stops at the minimum... Has anyone ever mounted a shock absorber or anything similar?

Found a winch mount and receiver for around 200$ so far good for 9k lb. Still planning things out

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, like the FRAME:eek:

And your back LOL. I'd at least use some bump stops at the minimum... Has anyone ever mounted a shock absorber or anything similar?

Found a winch mount and receiver for around 200$ so far good for 9k lb. Still planning things out

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
This is just a taste- I have something for anyone and can change to your liking. I don't want to over step my bounds since I am new here by posting links unless I become a vendor. PM me for any additional info and I will get back to you.

Nice bumpers!!

jtt220

Reaction score

Great looking work!

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rhkcommander-- Did you find a manufactured mount? Is it new or used for that price? Winch craddles for recievers are only rated for a 9500lb winch or less, more than suitable.

Awesome work hihorse! Can you do ccustom plates like that longhorn one?

Yes, that is actually a buffalo skull. Bumper was built for the buffalo keepers of the national grasslands. Thought it was a nice touch-bolted on in 3D affect.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rhkcommander-- Did you find a manufactured mount? Is it new or used for that price? Winch craddles for recievers are only rated for a 9500lb winch or less, more than suitable.

Yes, that is actually a buffalo skull. Bumper was built for the buffalo keepers of the national grasslands. Thought it was a nice touch-bolted on in 3D affect.

O cool, i like the look of the one on the brick nose (the other ones are sweet to but they look like their more pricey) How heavy approx is it? I have a 93 f250, Im located in Canada but maybe in summer if shippings to much I could come scoop it

and these are winch bumpers?

Would you be able to do the Khanda (in my avtar) in chrome in the middle of bumper?

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM enabled!! Sorry, took me a while to find it. Yes I can do custom parts of all kinds. Thanks

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new mount and receiver but i might have to modify the receiver to fit.

Curt mfg didn't list support for anything older than a 92, i know 87-91 should all be the same but i dont know if the frames changed past that. I ordered the one for a 4x4 92 so we will see...
I'll be making a new bumper and mounting two tow loops up front. I have another two for the back later

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel