Will my truck be ok pulling 8,000lbs

Runningaford

Reaction score
I read through the thread, and saw mention of 'potential' criminal liability in a wreck, but I don't think I saw what insurance would do in such event..... For the most part, the insurer can walk away without incurring any liability due to improperly maintaining your equipment up to the standards of the road; throw in a thread discussing knowingly doing it before hand(which any insurance company would discover rather quickly), and well, the exposure to have your entire life's savings, home, et el wiped out by a single wreck is large.

Don't get me wrong, I've done stupid stuff in the past, and I guess once you lived in a city like Phoenix, where billboards for lawyers offering their services to sue for accidents are everywhere, well it makes you think a little.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys.
I got everything up to par. Trailer brakes working on my truck and the trailer.
Also some of you are assuming that I'm saying my brakes are only working 50%. What I mean is the pads are worn down 50% in the front.(good even wear)

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew what you meant. I read it. Lol
Good deal. Is the trailer yours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

No the trailer is my brothers. He built it 3yrs ago give or take a year. It's nice. He built it to haul his deer lease truck an off road toys around.

I will take some pics once it's all loaded if I remember.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys.
I got everything up to par. Trailer brakes working on my truck and the trailer.
Also some of you are assuming that I'm saying my brakes are only working 50%. What I mean is the pads are worn down 50% in the front.(good even wear)

I looked it up somewhere(might have been a RV site) and they said our trucks are good for towing up to 11,400lbs. You should be good to go. The only other surprise I have had is the truck's brakes suddenly fail because of rusty brake lines. I have had it happen twice while towing, another good reason to have trailer brakes and a parking brake. Everything is ok when driving the truck unloaded, but when you have to stab the brakes hard while towing, it finds the weak spots in the lines.

I have replaced all my lines twice already. It's what I get for plowing snow I guess. I just tried some of those copper nickel lines on a another vehicle and they are great. Very easy to bend by hand and they are not supposed to rust. My truck will be getting those next.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure would like to see verifiable instances of an insurance company walking away from the subscriber as suggested in this thread. DUIs are criminal and common and I don't hear about insurance company not covering.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys I pulled it back 60 miles and got 18.2 mpg at 55-65mph with no problems. Never got above 200 on my temp guage and finally had a reason to use 1st gear lol.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Sounds like your truck is running solid. Prob get another 30 years out of it.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Sounds like your truck is running solid. Prob get another 30 years out of it.

I don't know about 30 yrs but I can say it's part of the family for a long time to come. It will be getting new injectors and new set timing come tax return but other than that she runs awesome no problems.
Thanks to everyone on this forum is why she runs so well.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have picks of my truck loaded down but I can't figure out how to post them from my iPhone.
If any one can help me is like to post them.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have picks of my truck loaded down but I can't figure out how to post them from my iPhone.
If any one can help me is like to post them.

I use the tapatalk app and when typing a reply there's and option to post pictures just above the keyboard. Just below the blue check mark next to my sig in the screenshot.
You must be registered for see images attach

1983 f350 6.9 zf5 2wd srw single cab long bed. Facet duralift, optima red tops, bfg all terrains, 4" exhaust from y pipe back, autometer z series pyro, pump turned up 2 flats