Will a 6.2l burn WMO OK with no mods

DragRag

Reaction score
Just curious, I am considering buying a suburban with 6.2l and only want it if i can run waste motor oil in it. If you have been using it with no problem chime in please, I don't wan't to be my own test dummy, and just want some feed back, thanks.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 6.2/6.5 shares the same basic engineering design as the IH 6.9/7.3 only difference is that the layout and operation is backwards compared to the IH. The only issue I see is that the return lines are pinners compared to the IH, so the need to really warm up the oil is critical. Nope. You aren't the lab rat for this idea.

DragRag

Reaction score
So the only real issue is the fuel lines are small. If I am mixing with diesel say 80/20 or 70/30, the oil being the heavier, will the lines still be an issue?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the only real issue is the fuel lines are small. If I am mixing with diesel say 80/20 or 70/30, the oil being the heavier, will the lines still be an issue?
it takes months for the stuff to settle out. I really doubt seperation is going to be an issue. What will be a problem is the viscosity when it gets colder. you will really want a way to warm up the fuel for this chassis.

DragRag

Reaction score
I wasn't really worried about the seperation, I was wondering if mixing 80/20 or 70/30 would be thin enough for the smaller fuel lines. I do live in California so the climate is pretty warm here.

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
I've run it in my 6.9 with no problems except... algea breaking lose and clogging my filters my advice is add a cheep $2 filter from walmart (fram g-2) before the fuel pump it will catch the algea, it took a week to cleean my tank firts day the filter was clogging up evry 60 miles...

also filter the oil first..... my set up is mix diesel/oil first then filter it ... my barrel has magnet to catch metal and the fuel goes through a 4 filter sytem which filters it down to 1 micron.... mixture.... the richest I have run was 80 oil 20 deisel... but I do have a electric pump I donot know how the manual will handle it....

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
The rig I used before was a 40 mic screened inlet to the 1st barrel with lots of magnets on it. Then a 25 mic filter on the outlet side to another barrel with magnets. The outlet from that one had a 10 mic filter that was a water block also and was pumped back into it's self for 2 - 3 hrs before using. I would burn all most any oil except trany fluid. I did prefer used engine oil from "good" engines.

Was this filtered fine enough?

I use to run 20 to 30 % for the summer only with no issues and 1 liter per fill in winter to baffle the taxation boys. I'm presently rebuilding the same set up if my truck wants to keep living.

But some dirt bag helped them selves to the rig and the full barrels near by. It was oh so sad that I didn't label those barrels because they were contaminated with ANTI FREEZE. Ha ha hope it cost them a motor.

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
status with the 6.2 suburban and WMO? :dunno
who me or the other guy? my burb is not "street" legal/safe right now... I tore out the g-60 gov lock and had to weld the rear end up to use it on the farm... but when it's streetable I will run this (got 200 gallons waiting on me:eek:)