Why did my nv5600 have catastrophic failure?

rubberfish

Reaction score
You're too calm man. I would have been down there
every day at the start of the second week.
If the service manager wasn't doing something
every day, I'd be tearing his fugging face off.

Remember....The squeeky wheel gets the grease. :)

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say they are playing you... To ship anything across the nation (USA) is roughly 5-7 day period! They could of made the transmission with stone hammers and sticks and still shipped it in less time even with rubber gears.

When it was time for a VP44 in my diesel it only took 4 hrs to install but they shipped one in about 2 days.

I would be all over the service manager like stink on ____ !!!! This is total BS!

You might want to call DC directly and complain about it...

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 weeks tommorow with no end in sight.

uhhhh, call the nearest DC rep. this is BS and nobody...no mater what should wait that long to get a truck back over something as simple as a transmission. you need to make yourself a thorn in their sides, i can tell you whats going on, they see you as a "pushover", so your at the bottom of the priority pile.

Swamp Donkey

Reaction score
9 weeks tommorow. I did call DC 1-800 line and got nowhere. Just a shouldn't be much longer. Also said no to a g-56 swap. I am getting a little irritated now. They told me I was on their highest priority list! Coded VOR. Vehicle Off Road. I get the next available transmission. :rolleyes: 8 Others waiting just like me.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats funny...i just rebuilt one today...got it out/rebuilt/and back in in 2 days. you need to find yourself a better service dept., although i had to fix an automatic...i still had to find a national backorder trans pump and torque convertor,have it overnighted from texas to missouri....and i'm at an independant shop...go figure.

Swamp Donkey

Reaction score
Another update. The transmission has been done and was shipped out of Warren Michigan on Oct 27th 2006. As far as I know it has not hit Red Deer and then it has to be shipped to Dawson Creek. So I figure by next Friday I should have my truck back. Be around 11 weeks in total.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I figure by next Friday I should have my truck back. Be around 11 weeks in total.
Are you making payments on this truck? I'd be screaming at someone if I was. Too bad lemmon laws don't exist up there. durge be eating this ride if it happened down in the US.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another update. The transmission has been done and was shipped out of Warren Michigan on Oct 27th 2006. As far as I know it has not hit Red Deer and then it has to be shipped to Dawson Creek. So I figure by next Friday I should have my truck back. Be around 11 weeks in total.

they shipped your transmission around for what reason? if i were you, i'd be insearch of another dealer/service facility as soon as you get your truck back. you canadians must be a laid back bunch. a situation of this sort would have caused local rioting around here.:backoff

Swamp Donkey

Reaction score
I have no idea what happened to my original transmission that was taken out on August 25th. All I know is that the dealership ordered a replacement the following Monday. And yes I was making payments........ Cost me around a $1000 bucks a month sitting there between Insurance and Payments.

Swamp Donkey

Reaction score
It was ready to go on Monday Nov 6th. But it is thursday and I still have not picked it up. Kinda used to not having it! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online