Who switched to electric fuel pump?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Yes, they push better. The block off plate is very simple (and cheap to buy at about $5 or so) to make. Do a search on the stock pump+VO, not sure how they do on the heated VO.

jasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yes you should use the mechanical blockoff plate from the GM 454 V8. Fits like a glove. Might want to use some rtv or a gasket if it comes with it. You can develop a nasty oil leak there.

And make sure you get all of the old gasket material off. I accidentally left a little strip of it that was practically welded on when I put the bockoff plate on. It leaked like crazy. Had to spend an extra $2 on a new gasket, but removing all of the old material is really important.

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know exactly what your refering to, I replaced the LP a few weeks ago as cheap insurance before a road trip and I had to take the pass side inner fender off to get a good angle to scape the gasket material off.

-Rob

jasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try it on a van. I had to do it all by feel. I never saw the gasket surface or even the mounting holes. I guess i should invest in a mirror or something.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a couple hundred gallons of wvo and another couple 50 gallons of motor oil through my last 7.3s fuel pump and it worked flawlessly. What finally got it was an out of nowhere dip in the temperatures. The wvo thickened up and finally killed the pump. The IP was able to draw enough fuel through it to get me home.

I never heated the oil so Im not sure about what it would stand up to in the heat department.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online