Who makes this grill guard?

1992-6.9

Reaction score
On an ebay truck.... Item # 4630413095. Can't find ANYTHING like it!...THanks

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
JC whitney has them just like that one they are sold as just the center or you can add the sides chrome gille gaurd which is the center part is $114.99 and the brush gaurds are $74.99 I have a catalog but you can check them out on line too

1992-6.9

Reaction score
Thanks for the help...The brush guards look like they don't have the thinner pieces between the headlights though.... 82FordTruck, no thanks. I want more of a guard that curves around and protects part of the qtr panel...thanks though!!

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Do you have any freinds that work at fab/welding shops? A hand built brush guard is nice, you can have it built the way you want. The brush guard on my '86 is home fabricated with some thick a$$ pipe. It's not gonna bend or dent when I run over the next deer that crosses my path :backoff
A custom fabbed brush guard will probably run cheaper than something from Westin or Smittybuilt.

Check it out in my pics at supermotors. http://www.supermotors.org/users/Pipeliner_86

Good luck,

Jeremy

1992-6.9

Reaction score
I do my own welding, just not much fab work. The purpose behind a guard for me is the same as yours...Deer sure can do some nasty custom work on the truck's front end... Some on JC are 200 or so....

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
the one in my catalog has the smaller tubes in front of the head lights as for custom built brush gaurds your going to pay more unless you can do it your self or have a good buddy I built my own custom bumpers and I looked for awhile and found no big bumpers like mine for under $1400

93turbo_animal

Reaction score

Attachments

• bumper29.JPG
    bumper29.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 21
  • bumpv21.JPG
    bumpv21.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 23

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Aric, those bumpers/brush guards are beautiful works of art. You had a lot of time in fab work i bet...those are the kind of bumpers that should have come stock on on IDI's :draw

Awsesome work man. :thumbsup:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something for you guys to think about....
hitting a deer with one of those is not much an issue, the truck will survive one of those run-ins easily.
here's the problem... when you hit a car, the impact energy has to go somewhere. If the bumper survives, the frame won't. Ther frame rails become "offset" or as i put it, "diamonded". A complete frame changeout will be required. Easiest way to tell is something like that has happened is to check the steering, it will be really off. This problem is very common with towtrucks due to the pushbumpers we like mounting on the fronts of our trucks.cookoo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, isn't that the beauty of driving a dinosaur in todays world? Everyone elses vehicle becomes the energy absorbing element. LOL Kinda like Patton said.... "Nobody every won a war by dying for his country. He won by making some other sorry ass die for his."

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks pipeliner yeah ihave a ton of work in them but they seem to be getting easier as I go

As for hitting a car I'll take my chances I wanted a big bumper for animals and fender bender accidents besides alot of trucks have snow plow mount frames that are rigid and bolted strait to the frame

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres the links to the one I found in JC whitney
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...0101&sku=wk865384&searchbtn.x=8&searchbtn.y=6
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...01&sku=wk488217&searchbtn.x=10&searchbtn.y=11

thats both parts and heres a couple pics of my bumpers the one will protect against deer the other one is more for looks

do you have a blueprint or something like that for the bumper? i am actually looking for a similiar setup like that..and if it will fit an 87/88 bronco i know someone else that would be interested

it looks like the road armor setup

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
no blue prints I just knew what I wanted so I started measuring the front of the truick and cutting out steel and putting it together when it looked right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online