Who has a high output N/A engine?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm thinking of typ4 cam, headers, good 3 inch manderal bent exhaust, mild port work. Why? Why not! It should have enough power and be a little different than the more agressive engine I'd like to drop in my future 4 door bronco.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have all of that and a banks power pack lid. August I hope to dyno it at schieds

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Also love the way the power carve feels. Butt dyno says :)

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I have the powerpac on my crew cab dualie, no race horse but plenty of grunt, just as slow with a trailer as without!

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Well the headers cam port and polish and intake lid make a nice addition to the truck. Really am dieing to get mine on the rollers

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
It moved right along, no race car but even loaded it it supprised me. I could run it on the governer at 88 miles an hour all day long.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres no such thing as high output n/a idi.
if you want a real power gain,you need forced induction.a used turbo kit can be had for less $ than your about to spend,and provide far greater gains.
might want to do whats best for your wallet and leave the "to be different" to those made of $.;)

of course if your well off,disregard and have fun.LOL

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have $500 in my engine. All new gakets included. Found a sweet deal on headers and my lid. Traded some stuff and now have a cowl intake from hypermax. Did the rebuild myself. Shopped around alot to for gaskets( no fel-pros all Victors) exhaust was next to free. Ported and polished on lunch breaks(lost a lot of weight). Bought a typ4 cam some one didn't have time to install(150 I believe) So yes you can build n/a cheap if you don't buy new. I hate it when people say build turbo bc its cheaper when they compare new headers to a used turbo that probably needs rebuilt. My n/a is very quick and want to put it on rollers but my paycheck the last month has been so small I need an electron microscope to see it. I have a feeling though I need a better e-pump. After that I maybe closer to turbo numbers then people will believe. :D

txquigly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HHmmmmm......Physics and the laws of thermal dynamics will dictate otherwise......No Matter WHAT you do to one of these engines, it Only has the capacity to efficiently burn the amount of fuel it has the air to burn! A good used forced induction system, i.e. Turbocharger, will give a bone stock engine more efficient power for less than a full tilt N.A. engine. Now if you want a REALLY efficient and powerful engine, then do all of the above! Unless you just don't want a turbo...!?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John's N/A 7.3 is the highest HP non-turbo IDI I've seen. Check out the dyno numbers in the FAQ section. He wants to put a turbo on the truck too.......... LOL

Heath

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
A diesel without a turbo is like a man without balls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance