Which power steering pump

73IDI

Reaction score
I belive I need a new pump for my rig and when I look up a pump for an 89 7.3 I come up with two different ones one pre 3/89 and one post an since my engine is not in its original home and the donor rig is long gone whats the difference one seems to be in stock in most stores one has to be ordered......the only difference I can physically see different in the parts store pics is a bump or nub on the resivor at the base of the fill neck on the front behind the pully

sent from my phone so my spelling and grammer most likely suffer more than usual

ammocan

Reaction score
I dont think there is a difference in pumps and f there is its likely minor and will have no affect on the application. i have been wrong before but the one your asking about is a direct fit to my 1983 f350. im almost certain it will bolt right on. the ones manufactured after 1989 is only a minor change in design but im pretty sure they are interchangable. If im wrong let me know and we will all learn from this post;Sweet. Im guessing 90% of the crap on my engine would bolt right to a 94 engine.

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switch to a Saginaw pump if you can. They came on the diesel vans, you will need the brackets from that vehicle and a custom pressure hose but it is a MUCH better pump.

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All vans, really. Those pumps are a much better design, or there is a bracket you van use to adapt a saginaw. Worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Staff online

Members online