which IP

stevedrums

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brand new to the IDI game here. bought a truck in need of IP for super cheap.
1986 f250 6.9 4x4.
locally (Alberta, Canada) i have come up with these prices and brands:

Cardone $1244

Echlin $1080

SMP $750

i will be daily driving and occasionally towing 6000lbs

which will be the best bang for the buck?
open to other suggestions obviously, online or otherwise

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if so u can send it out and get it rebuilt for like 500 buck dps does it for 415

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
brand new to the IDI game here. bought a truck in need of IP for super cheap.
1986 f250 6.9 4x4.
locally (Alberta, Canada) i have come up with these prices and brands:

Cardone $1244

Echlin $1080

SMP $750

i will be daily driving and occasionally towing 6000lbs

which will be the best bang for the buck?
open to other suggestions obviously, online or otherwise

For those prices, you can pull yours off and get a Moose or baby Moose. :rock:

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Agnem (Mel) on this board makes agruably the BEST IP's in the world for these trucks. A baby moose is for an N/A truck and a Moose from what I've read can handle just about as much as these engines can put out built to the hilt. If and when my IP dies, I'm more than likely going to buy one from him.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those prices are way high.

If you want the best pump available for our engines, and can afford to wait (you send in your pump or another core that you procure and it is rebuilt) pm user Agnem here on oilburners. He has a rebuilder that helps him produce Moose products and you'll here nothing but good things about them.

If you are on a budget, then I was in your shoes about a year ago. I researched a lot of pumps from rebuilders, which can be had as cheap as $325 here in the states, and decided that for an extra $100 and change I would get a lot better pump that would be likely to last a while. I bought one from Oregon Fuel Injection for around $440, and have been very pleased.

I got a set of new Delphi BB code injectors from them as well (most will recommend replacing injectors when you do the IP, though thats probably not necessary if the injectors are fairly new). You can get injectors from Agnem as well, or another member here who goes by Typ4. You'll pay a little more for them, but you get more in return. I was strapped for cash and time so I went the faster and cheaper, but not as good, route.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Ill make another vote for the baby moose. The power increase was incredible and I know it was done right the first time.

stevedrums

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are on a budget, then I was in your shoes about a year ago. I researched a lot of pumps from rebuilders, which can be had as cheap as $325 here in the states, and decided that for an extra $100 and change I would get a lot better pump that would be likely to last a while. I bought one from Oregon Fuel Injection for around $440, and have been very pleased.

i may go this route. i will call them soon

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have had two Moose Pumps on my trubo engine. My next pump will be a Baby Moose.... I always have a spare everything. When I drove to the Kentucky ralley from the edge of the west coast I took a spare injection pump... Just in case...:sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.