Which Fuel Pressure Gauge

JMeier

Reaction score
I need a fuel pressure gauge and have found several options. Should I get a mechanical or electrical, or does it matter? What do you guys run?

Whit

Reaction score
I prefer mechanical ...................just b4 the tubing goes into the cab put a small needle valve in line and just crack it enough to get a reading the use a tie wrap to secure the valve in place .................dont get a piece of **** isolator for it as they are a waste of money

Batman

Reaction score
I agree with Czechsix. I've had mechanical right into the cab, and have had issues with the needle bouncing, the isolator worked great to correct this.

Not dissing Whitmore, I hadn't heard of his idea when I bought the isolator, or I would have tried that.

HTH

Whit

Reaction score
I have found a few times in the past an isolator wil a hole in the diaphram and fuel up to the gauge....................either way works man

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer mechanical ...................just b4 the tubing goes into the cab put a small needle valve in line and just crack it enough to get a reading the use a tie wrap to secure the valve in place .................dont get a piece of **** isolator for it as they are a waste of money

Right on the money...;Sweet

I did the same thing years ago and never had a problem now for over 5 years...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-dodge/bombs/dipricol-gauges/dipricol_gauges.htm

JMeier

Reaction score
Did just that. I have a pricol gauge (0-30 psi) and did the needle valve trick. Now I hear it rattle a lot. I have bled air out twice but may still have some in the lines. Or is it normal for these mechanical gauges to rattle?

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needle valve isn't closed enough... Mine is seated that barely even a 1* of turn... My gauge rises at a moderate pass but it don't snap to 16 PSI though... When the pump shuts down it takes nearly 1 to 2 full seconds to get to 0 PSI...

Rattlin' mean the pulses are still making it to the gauge...:rolleyes:

JMeier

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that. I am also trying the oil, I need all the help I can get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726