where to get bigger exhaust

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
finally got the money to install my turbo and get a cowl intake, my guages/a pillar, and a downpipe from banks, only issue is exhaust. i want to run 4" exhaust but i dont know where to get it. i would have it made but my exaust guy cant bend 4" pipe. anyone know where to get 4" exaust for these trucks? i imagine getting 4" exhaust for a obs powerstroke would possibly work with some modifying.. i think the downpipe goes down on the opposite side of the engine.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Get the tail pipe from napa. the rest should be just stright pipe

milightfo

BLACK SMOKE
Reaction score
4'' pipe from off the turbo will take alot of convincing ,with a body lift a big hammer u may get it to work,i would go a bit smaller off the turbo and then to 4'',just my thoughts

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
sorry, the downpipe from banks is a 3" pipe, which will run to 4" exhaust.

i didnt know i could request just the tailpipe section at napa, ill give that a try. thanks

1994IDI

Reaction score
Search "NAPA tailpipe" and you will find a few forums with the number you need. Then order a lenth of straight 4" pipe from anywhere of your choosing. You'll need a 3" to 4" adapter to go between the downpipe and the straight pipe. Cut the straight pipe to lenght, then just connect it with your tailpipe. Voila.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Banks sidewinder down pipes are 2 7/8 inch... Just inside of 3 inch pipe and that really suxs. I had my down pipe inlarged so the newer clamp wiuld sealthe 3 to 4 inch reducer...

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did as everyone is suggesting, thought I would post a couple of pics.

3' to 4' adapter, I think I got it from Napa
You must be registered for see images attach

Mating sleeves I ordered from summit

Here you can see the tailpipe from Napa, it's a really nice piece (along with unnecessarily large 6' tip from summit)

Real easy job, good luck!

MoMo

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose you have a sound byte of the exhaust there smooth? Clean setup btw.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Got a friend coming over today who can record video on his phone, I'll see if we can make it happen! I can tell you it sounds nasty (in the good way)!

MoMo

crazy4wdracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just get a 94-97 PSD exhaust kit.

This is more expensive than what is necessary though. The tailpipe is $60 from NAPA and you will probably need about 4-5 feet of 4" pipe which is about $25, a 3-4 adapter (about $10) and a few band clamps and you're done. Doing it yourself is about $125 and a OBS PSD exhaust is about $300.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the tail pipe you get is 4 inch and it is pre-bent the way it should be to fit like "smooth"s did? You just get the straight pipe and the tail pipe is bent down and over to the side?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online