Where to get a new intake for a 6.9 w/ati turbo?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
The plastic intake that shipped with my used ATS kit has a number of quarter size holes drilled out the bottom of the plastic flattened part. The is not OEM, although it was done very cleanly. I can only assume that this was an attempt by the previous owner to increase the airflow.

Since this mod allows the intake to suck warm air from the engine compartment I'd like to replace this portion of the intake scoop so that I'm grabbing air from the grille or below it or whatever.

Are there any after market pre-packaged solutions for intakes? Anything anyone would suggest? I guess I could have an aluminium pipe and scoop custom made to replace it but that sounds costly. Any ideas?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where would that mount probably a dumb question
not a dumb question.
the part on the hypermax website is for cowl air induction. the one in the pic mounts on the firewall with a hole cut right above the brake booster. I've toyed with putting one in, but I'm still on the fence over the intake noise issues that the cowl intake will make. My trucks are already noisy enough as it is.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just put some duct tape on it at first rather than replacing it. The reason for this is to give you the opportunity to try out the system and decide if you'd like to mount an intercooler.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Probably won't do anything until next summer since it gets really freakin' cold around here - but yes I was planning on doing duct tape first.

Why not just put some duct tape on it at first rather than replacing it. The reason for this is to give you the opportunity to try out the system and decide if you'd like to mount an intercooler.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
sucking air from under the hood isn't all the bad - at highway speeds trust me the air exchange under the hood is enormous. In a lot of new trucks that have the outside air temp display they have the thermocouple probe under the hood and in some of the dodges it's under the battery on the drivers side (if I got the side right) and mine is typically right in line with what the bank says.... even at 30 mph....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online