where do they go?

78loadstar

Reaction score
Don't know how this got in powerstroke forum but here it is where it belongs.
Found red and green wires laying next to oil filler after new injectors and fuel lines installed.
don't remember taking them off and they do not reach any connector that I can see. Both taped together and disappear under Ac unit and then down behind engine. Any Ideas?
Dennis

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your connectors missing on top of he injection pump? What style connectors do the wires have?

78loadstar

Reaction score
Are your connectors missing on top of he injection pump? What style connectors do the wires have?
wires are on injection pump, they are in a loom. these are two male spade connectors inside female insulators. Both taped together as far as I can trace them.
Dennis

78loadstar

Reaction score
here is a picture
You must be registered for see images attach
here is a picture

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as a pain as it might be , really thinking your need to find where the other ends go I assume you have confirmed any sensors, switches on the engine are connected.

78loadstar

Reaction score
Looks like it may go into the fire wall under the evaporator. I'll check again for sensors. truck starts and runs although it takes a little longer to start than it did before the new stuff. WTS light comes on but I don't hear any clicking and don't see a notable voltage drop on the gauge. No unusual smoke out the exhaust.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wires do not look stock OEM Ford to me.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it may go into the fire wall under the evaporator. I'll check again for sensors. truck starts and runs although it takes a little longer to start than it did before the new stuff. WTS light comes on but I don't hear any clicking and don't see a notable voltage drop on the gauge. No unusual smoke out the exhaust.
I wonder if they don't have something to do with the glowplug styem, DIY fix? Here is wiring for the glowplugs

78loadstar

Reaction score
Wires are 12ga.

Can't find anything within reach of the wires to plug into. Beginning to wonder if they have been there and did not notice till now.

All the glow plug stuff is at the back of the engine and none of the wires on the glow plug relay look like these.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'd agree that they don't look like anything that I can recognize as going to the engine.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The new looking crimp is not known to me but the factory looking black connector is probably for the ac clutch if you have one on this engine.

78loadstar

Reaction score
Kind of my thoughts. PO was a friend of mine, I bought the truck from his widow after he passed. I found a couple things in redoing this truck that surprised me as he was a pretty decent mechanic. Could be a Gibby modification. When the shop warms I am going to check power on the wires as earlier poster suggested and then see if I can track down where they go.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new looking crimp is not known to me but the factory looking black connector is probably for the ac clutch if you have one on this engine.

Would have to look on mine for sure, but most A/C clutches use a two wire connector and lighter ga.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online