Where did the fuel go?

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jumped in the truck yesterday morn, made it half mile and ran out of fuel. Here is the deal, two days before I had a half full in the rear and 2/3 full in the front. When the motor died I looked down and the rear was showing empty, switched to the front and and it was pass full.

All the rear sifined into the front, made it to work OK runnin on the front, had to have the truck this afternoon ran good for about 30 miles still on the front and the rear showing empty, all of a sudden the fuel filter light came on and motor died about a mile later.

Pulled over and left the elec fuel pump runnin and all I saw in my clear fuel ilnes was air, the front tank showed 3/4 full, shifted the fuel selector switch 6-8 times and back on the front then the air went away.

Made it another 4 miles and light came back on, stopped at the next station and put 6 gallons in the rear thinkin it was suckin air from the rear tank, made it almost home and the light came back on??? flipped it to the rear for a few seconds and back to the front and the light went out.

Do I need to change the selector valve only or is it something else??

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
sounds like the fuel selector that is mounted on the drivers frame rail is going out. What its doing is getting stuck halfway between tanks and filling/draining the tanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle