Where Are Delphi Injectors Made

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I understand delphi injectors are made in mexico but where in mexico. I'm about 100 miles from the border and if they are close by I will drive down and seeif I can buy injector parts.Surely somebody has to import them into the Us but who and where are they imported. Maybe a huge clearing house but where is that located... Hopefully some cartel isn't involved in this cross border transaction....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You might have a fun time chasing that down. when you consider the parent company is in the UK and all the major transactions would be handled electronically from there, the factory probably has about 2 people that speak english at all and could be anywhere and when you consider those products are primarily world market items and not uS market items, they wouldn't benefit from border location. They probably sell more products in south america out of that plant

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I have one set that says made in Mexico, i have another that says made in India.

Kinda figures about India, as my Suburban diesel injectors are built in india too.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here ya go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_Automotive

And this.
Delphi Automotive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_AutomotiveCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Delphi Automotive LLP is an automotive parts company headquartered in Troy, .... two regional engineering centers, and 15 manufacturing locations in Mexico, ...

Gary: Ya think you can find the 15 in Mexhico ?

Delphi is hiring, maybe apply for a job in Mexico at the injector plant, then you could supply us with the parts when your home on the weekends. :D :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have a major factory and design center located in Cuidad Juarez on the border of Texas.

To be honest with you, the parts are probably sourced from other countries, like the UK, China, or India, then sent to Mexico to be built.

Even if you did find the factory, they wouldn't sell to you, Delphi owns those factories outright.

A couple of websites to check out:

www.panjiva.com

www.importgenius.com

www.alibaba.com

I'm in the OEM manufacturing business, mostly surf related products, but I understand how most large business involved in manufacturing work.

Ever wonder why you don't hear or see about fake Apple products?? Apple sources its parts for the Iphone from 3 different countries, then exports them all to Brazil to be built... Thus keeping someone from going to one factory and offering them money to build "their own" version.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
They have a major factory and design center located in Cuidad Juarez on the border of Texas.

To be honest with you, the parts are probably sourced from other countries, like the UK, China, or India, then sent to Mexico to be built.

Even if you did find the factory, they wouldn't sell to you, Delphi owns those factories outright.

A couple of websites to check out:

www.panjiva.com

www.importgenius.com

www.alibaba.com

I'm in the OEM manufacturing business, mostly surf related products, but I understand how most large business involved in manufacturing work.

Ever wonder why you don't hear or see about fake Apple products?? Apple sources its parts for the Iphone from 3 different countries, then exports them all to Brazil to be built... Thus keeping someone from going to one factory and offering them money to build "their own" version.

The Chinese got quite good at building fake Iphones.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my hands on one when i was back in HK a few months ago.

It was called the HIPhone lol.
the phony Iphones are all over the place in the mainland PRC.
you are almost gauranteed any Iphone you buy in the PRC is a forgery unless you have bought it at an apple store. I just keep a few AT&T GSM chips in my pocket when I am working over there. any old disposable cell phone is good enough for me.;p

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
the phony Iphones are all over the place in the mainland PRC.
you are almost gauranteed any Iphone you buy in the PRC is a forgery unless you have bought it at an apple store. I just keep a few AT&T GSM chips in my pocket when I am working over there. any old disposable cell phone is good enough for me.;p

even the apple store is a forgery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel