Wheel Bearing Problems

Tex56

Reaction score
My truck Has Eaten up Three Right Front Wheel Bearings and i only have 125K on it. the left front tire is also starting to feather, but this one only. A friend said that mabe I have a slightly bent axle shaft that is causing a vibration, but I dont know how I could have done that. Help! With the price of diesel and college, I can barly afford to keep chainging these. Thanks Yall. Oh its a 98.5 4X4

VALKYRIES

Reaction score
Wheel bearings

I take it that you aren't the original owner? For there may have been a reason that it was sold? If you can find out about the owner his age and hobbies may shed some light? Does the tire sit at the correct angle, does the axle sit straight ( if you have a 2 or 4 ft level lay it parrallel to the axle and hopefully it is good). Look at the front diff gears for wear?Some replaced and others not? Do any of the other front end parts look out of.... If you can take it to a wheel alignment shop that you trust and have a printout and go from there? Is the grease the correct type or have sand or water contamination? Incorrect nut torque for the hub? Check that the specs of the torque are correct. Do you do alot of wheel turning without not moving. Always only move the wheel when you are moving, just before you are about to stop last 3 or 4 ft then start turning you steering wheel the opposite way. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828