What's that you say? 4400 miles in a 25 year old van?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me and my 51 year old scooter are doing a 1500 mile ride next weekend' old worked fine then just like now!
Get ya some!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's a suggestion for you fuel transportation needs. go find a truck wrecker and size up tanks to replace those 5 gal bucket bombs. i have a "portable" isuzu 35 gal tank that keeps the mess to a minimum and I don't have to worry about ab bucket side splitting open. here's the tank and filtration setup in the back of my 'burb. :D

Attachments

• SL373237.JPG
    SL373237.JPG
    869.6 KB · Views: 50

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I did that' my wife would be a road widow ( rider never comes home)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:D
the scarry part, is the burb is lugging around a 40gal butt tank plus the 35 gal WMO tank.
lets say an avg of 20 mpg (18-22) out of a 6.5, the range in only restricted by *** breaks. :O

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
:D
the scarry part, is the burb is lugging around a 40gal butt tank plus the 35 gal WMO tank.
lets say an avg of 20 mpg (18-22) out of a 6.5, the range in only restricted by *** breaks. :O
If the 6.5 stays running long anough to make a trip. :flipa

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd help you out, but you'd be barely out the door if you broke down near me ;) . We were just out that way last year. Conference for work in San Diego, and we DON'T fly. Loaded the extended cab '95 PSD with all our own food, water and gear and hit the road. Camped in the truck (or laid over at truck stops) the whole way. Return trip we did the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Canyonlands and a State Park near Moab. Clocked in at 5150 (somebody call the po-po?) miles backing into the driveway at trip's end. Burned a quart of oil, lost maybe a cup of coolant, didn't skip a beat. So no, 4000-ish miles in a 25-year-old loaf of bread is not "nuts". Paying to stay in bedbug-infested m/hotels and/or shoehorning yourself in with a few hundred other poor sods in a flying oxygen bottle, now THAT'S _nuts_.

You'll have a blast. We'll have to swap Bryce pics.

Are you hitting Moab / Canyonlands / Arches? Gotta get to Arches EARLY one morning at least, before the crowds of rude Euro-tourists get there (we DIDN'T do that, and were disappointed). Also check out Dead Horse Point State Park, right between Arches and Canyonlands. A LOT less busy, and some beautiful views.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. i have a "portable" isuzu 35 gal tank .
here's the tank and filtration setup in the back of my 'burb. :D

I have been thinking since I saw the white dually about a flat tank similar to a packrat bed toolbox, but with the fifth hitch a transfer/saddel toolbox combo is probably all I could use/find?!
Calvin is that tank swapped from rig to rig?
If so how do you treat the conections?

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
I just ran out of time for my 35 gallon bus tank project. Just not enough time. I plan on the bus tank a delphi pump and a ten mic Hyd oil filter. Just tooooooo swamped with work lately. I'll post pics when I get it done

Toaster has new tires new front suspension new front and rear brakes new air pump all repacked bearings new u joints newer alum radiator new lift pump healthy inj pump and fair set of injectors. I carry a spare IP spare lift pump spare injectors spare elect delphi pump ..... Few odds and ends.

Changing the oil tonite top up the coolant and hitting the road tomorrow. I try and post a pic of the route in the lounge tonite

Challenges are what makes life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online