What's it worth?

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I found a Banks wastegated Sidewinder kit for sale and was wondering what it's worth. It seems to be in excellent mechanical condition and everything down to the install manual seems to be included.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
It is, the guy said some nuts and bolts might be missing but that's it. Also it came off a truck with an auto tranny and mine is a manual, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to modify the exhaust pipe a little or buy a part and sell what I replace because there is an extension piece... does that sound right?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an earlier banks turbo (not a sidewinder) from an auto trans truck and had to modify the pipe to get around my ZF5. I certainly recommend the sidewinder above the earlier banks, the airbox on these is a pain to install and it covers up practically everything on the top of the engine.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
I was actually planning on throwing an intercooler on as well so the "pain" part will definately not be excluded. How hard was it to mod the pipe and is there any way you could post a pic or direct me as to where I could find one?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up going to an exhaust shop and having them do it... they didn't do a very good job. I didn't have the tools or the time to do it myself. My 3" body lift really helped. Sorry I'm not much help. Basically they just cut it right where it enters the turbo and then pretty far down before it starts sneaking up the back of the trans, and bent two pieces to get around it, welded, and clamped it together.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has a hard time going around a zf what are the chances it'll work w/ the E4OD?

I just put a Banks on my crew cab and I also installed a ZF5 as well. I didn't have to modify the turbo plumbing to get it around the ZF5. But, accourding to Banks installation instructions, you do have to cut an ear off the ZF5 and the E4OD has an ear that needs to be removed as well.

See the ZF5 modification below:
You must be registered for see images

I'd also advice you to look very closely at the parts list and illustration in the BANKS INSTALLATION MANUAL. Any parts that are missing can be pricey from Banks(depending on the parts) and are hard to find elsewhere. I would try and ask for a lower price on the unit with parts missing. The more you are missing the lower the offer.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online