What ya think...

CGA03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i looked at a truck today, couldn't drive it, it was burried in snow behind 3 trucks. It has 231000 miles on it. The truck is a 97 2wd, 1 ton reg cab, auto with a welding flatbed set up. The cab is in good condition and the interior is a little ditry but would clean right up. He wants 2500 for it. He said the trans doesnt' shift into 4th, i couldn't verify this though. My thoughts-excellent price, i'd rather have a manual, don't want a welding bed to deal with and and i want a manual???:D

CGA03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, whats your email address.

ndurbin

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy it but I wont buy another dodge auto (esp. one with problems already), so I'm alil biased. But it might work out in the end if it's been taken care of by the previous owner(s). If you plan on BOMBing you might as well get a fully built tranny from DTT, ATS, or whoever. Reg. beds usually aren't to cheap either when you try to get them from junk yards or auto body shops, so thats one thing to consider before getting rid of the welding bed.

Nathan

CGA03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i thought that the trans was junk so i found pretty much everything i need to turn it into a 5spd for 1500 bucks. Only thing not included in that is the steering column and pcm. I found another flat bed on ebay for 200 bucks so far. I thought it was a plain flat bed, turns out its this huge welding flat bed. When the guy sends me some pics i will try and get them to Ggg to look at, hopefully he will like it because this will be a huge factor in me buying it. If i get it i will just make sure everything is in tip top shape and then sell it. I might be able to make a dollar or 2 on this deal so i hope you like the bed Ggg!!:D :thanks:

MUDDY

Reaction score
pu beds are cheap enuff if ya go to an aftermarket bed place. a regular flatbed is afordable too. id fix and bomb the trans with dtt or ats stuff if i was doin it. a bombed auto is nice. 2500 for a 2gen 12v dually good price

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online