What pump?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have the holley pump on my IDI and wonder if it will be a problem with the wvo in the future. I posted this in the frybrid forum but some questions are just much better here since there is more knowledge about my truck when someone comes with He's opinion.

Thank you.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Come on guys, do you use any other heating system so you can use electric pumps or do you have stock lift pumps?

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the mech lift pump.
fairly cheap, it can be swapped out in no time, and I've got a few extras in my tool box.

what more could a country boy want?

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
for what its worth EZ, with my system, im planning on using the stock pump. same opinion as deeproots. when i was talking to towcat about pro's and con's, he mentioned something about metal lines vibrating and causing problems with the electric pump.....just seems like too much hassle to me.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ouch, well there is allways a guinea pig...

I have it running on the holley for many miles so I'll try it like this for now. Also the newer truck I believe they have electric pumps and still run well so it must be a matter of keeping it hot and not too concentrated. I think Drew mix 50/50 how about you guys?

Thank you.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I'd done 50/50 for a good many miles with minimal issues.

my advice is keep the front tank with D and do 50/50 in the rear.
I find starting the truck on 50/50 is a bit more difficult, and high fueling needs (2,800rpms) when the veg is still cold caused an air leak. and I hate air leaks.

obinella

Reaction score
exekiel, if the holley wont pump it, how will the ip feel about it?