What paint schemes? (Would like opinions)

What paint scheme?

• Root Beer brown metallic

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Black and brown two tone

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Root beer brown, white two tone

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Pink and green zebra stripes

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all we are finally getting close to our goal of getting our truck painted! Its been a long time coming and still have a little ways to go, but i've got some things i'd like to run by the larger group. Our first choice is the factory root beer brown that the interior is but adding a heavy metallic to it. The next option would be a black and the brown two tone, black, brown, black. Then finally what about a the brown and white two tone? I'm pretty hung up on this. Also, i need a new front valance under the grill. I did get to thinking though. How hard would it to be to swap to a 92-97 front grill assembly? If its not too much work, now would be the time to do it. Any other ideas and thoughts are definately welcome;p

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm painting mine a leather brown right now... it will have black accents, but not a lot.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But ya can't beat red and white with a stick. That was my first choice, but I'm holding off till I have some more experience under my belt.

You must be registered for see images

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But ya can't beat red and white with a stick. That was my first choice, but I'm holding off till I have some more experience under my belt.

red and gray would match the house better though

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Hey all we are finally getting close to our goal of getting our truck painted! Its been a long time coming and still have a little ways to go, but i've got some things i'd like to run by the larger group. Our first choice is the factory root beer brown that the interior is but adding a heavy metallic to it. The next option would be a black and the brown two tone, black, brown, black. Then finally what about a the brown and white two tone? I'm pretty hung up on this. Also, i need a new front valance under the grill. I did get to thinking though. How hard would it to be to swap to a 92-97 front grill assembly? If its not too much work, now would be the time to do it. Any other ideas and thoughts are definately welcome;p

With the flatbed, I think a solid color would look best.

As for swapping the grill? You need to swap the whole front clip(hood fenders, cowl,grill ,rad support(must be from a diesel), headlights

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Swapping front clips is easy. Direct bolt in except the front bumper, you will need to make brackets. I did this swap on my 85 I had and put on a 94. Wekend type job.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about replacing my DOT reflective yellow with Red stop sign vinyl;Really

Now that is thinking outside of the box lol.

Thanks for the tips on swapping the front. I guess that will just have to wait, as i see that being quite the little money spender right there.

I do think the solid color would look good. Now thinking about it, a two tone might make it look like the flatbed was an afterthought.

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've had two red and whites one of them wound up on its top now my new one will probably be a dark maroon :thumbsup:

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
IMO a crewcab needs to be broken up with brown...I voted for the zebra stripes only because I think the brown and tan would look good and it wasn't an option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online