What kinda fuel milage do you get?

helgaairhead

Sparetimeconsulting
Reaction score
I'm sitting on something between 21 miles pr gallon on highway's (max 80 k's an our here in Norway) and 15 miles pr gallon on city driving summer time. During winter and suburb /everyday driving I'm having 12 miles pr gallon.
Its an 92 1/2 E350 Econoline 3.2 ton -empty, with an E4OD tranny 77000 miles on it and its stock with zero modifications on it.

Last trip in Europe fully loaded , 4.5 ton total weight, lot of highway where we sat on 100-110 km, it used 17 m/gallon which I think is pretty fair.

Motor runs good, no smoke at all. We can have until 2.5 in smoke numbers at the RTA , last figures where 0.75

What do you guys have?.

Regards
Helge :)

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Are you talking Imperial or US gallons? I filled my truck up yesterday, I got 19mpg imperial (15.8mpg US) from the last fillup and that's mostly suburban driving back and forth to work. I dumped some Howe's diesel treatment in the truck yesterday before filling it up. I'm going to try and use it for the winter to help with the lack of lubrication the Low sulphur diesel is now creating.

helgaairhead

Sparetimeconsulting
Reaction score
Are you talking Imperial or US gallons? I filled my truck up yesterday, I got 19mpg imperial (15.8mpg US) from the last fillup and that's mostly suburban driving back and forth to work. I dumped some Howe's diesel treatment in the truck yesterday before filling it up. I'm going to try and use it for the winter to help with the lack of lubrication the Low sulphur diesel is now creating.

BigRigTech,

I think it is US numbers.
On the other hand, if we can take the figures in metric/Eu norms, i have these numbers.

Highway 1.1 liter pr 10 km
Suburb 1.5 liter pr 10 km
Winter/stop start city only 1.5-1.8 liter pr 10 km

We are also suffering from lack of lube in the fuel, so additives are necessary if you want to give the IP a good life.
On the other hand , there are good quality on the fuel here but it costs.
Some 2 US$ pr liter are quite common, the petrol are much higher...

Regards,
Helge :)

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just filled both tanks this morning. They weren't totally empty but here are the numbers I have.

On my recent drive from Lynchburg Va to Houston Tx, about 1400 miles (2260 km's) at an average speed of 75 mph (120 kmh) I got 17.5 mpg. U.S. gallons of course(7.44km/liter). That was at about 8500 lbs total weight.

Driving in Houston, basically mixed highway, rush hour stop and go, and city driving I averaged 15.7 mpg (6.67 km/liter). This is at 6500 lbs weight.

My truck is set up with an E4OD, 3.55's, and 315/75-16 tires so the effective gear ratio is quite low numerically. I have 235,*** miles and no smoke(since new IP) or noticable oil usage. Just a couple small leaks. (damn drain plug)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online