What kind of fluid for a BW 1356

gatorman21218

Reaction score
not off the top of my head, but you cant over fill it. just pour it in to the fill port until it runs out. Kind of like filling a 5hp briggs or honda. I think maybe its 3 or 4 pints.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Make sure you can get the fill plug out before undoin' the drain plug. Fought with a fill plug that didn't want to come out on my '88 when I got it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Adrianspeeder

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Make sure you can get the fill plug out before undoin' the drain plug. Fought with a fill plug that didn't want to come out on my '88 when I got it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Had to get some bling.

Adrianspeeder

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
My first 1356 was filled with air.

Yes, air is a fluid, not a liquid, but a fluid.

It was unrebuildable.

I used interesting words that day, nothing like placing the drain pan, carefully removing the plug to avoid dripping on yourself, and...then...nothing...happens :eek:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first 1356 was filled with air.

Yes, air is a fluid, not a liquid, but a fluid.

It was unrebuildable.

I used interesting words that day, nothing like placing the drain pan, carefully removing the plug to avoid dripping on yourself, and...then...nothing...happens :eek:

thats really funny, I say that because I have done the same thing. The only thing worse was being in the middle of wyoming and changing the fluid to see if there was a tcase problem and draining out metallic paste.-cuss

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I got to drive 15 miles home in low range with the front hubs unlocked, what fun! I figures it was fine, being in town and all, but anything over 20 mph and the truck was screaming!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online