What is this....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say one is an alternator tensioner and the other an oil reserve...

Tensioner probably stabalizes the alt maybe to help stop belt flop or could have something to do with the commercial NEECE LEVILLE Alt or a second alt not sure.

Oil resevoir not sure on that one, likely for overfill of pan...and gets pumped up into that and then stabalizes as regular level and that's there to add oil on the fly so to speak...just guessing on that one too....

Hmm

just my two guesses...

Al

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The tensioner looks really nice, put a wrench on the turn buckle assembly and easily spin it to the desired tension, no need to hold pressure and tighten....do it a 2nd time because you mis calculated.

Did some of these Uhaul vans come with hydro boost? That resivour looks like the one on my medium duty Chebby, for the power steering/hydroboost.

I would be willing to bet the prices will come down in due time as many people are not going to pay hundreds of dollars for an easier way to adjust their altenater. I would like hydroboost and the extra fluid that the commercial style resivour gives you would be a nice upgrade.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
In the top pic that part on the left is the mount for the vacuum pump. The part on the right is the vacuum pump adjustable piece to tension the drive belt. The other turn buckle part is a mystery to me. The lower can is a bypass oil filter uhaul installed on some of their heavy duty rigs. Another members here just posted about that here today..

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
In the top pic that part on the left is the mount for thne vacuum pump. The part on the right is the vacuum pump adjustable piece to tension the drive belt. The other turn buckle part is a mystery to me. The lower can is a bypass oil filter uhaul installed on some of their heavy duty rigs. Another members here just posted about that here today..

My guess was way off then. If that's the case, seems like a real economical bypass filter system if you can figure out the rest of the pieces needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online