What is this 86 F250 worth?

Reaction score
Someone is offering to trade this truck for my deuce. Now I do not think it would be worth an even trade but I do love this body style and the 6.9 that is in it. All I know at this point is the owner claims it is in mint condition. As you can see it is a regular cab, two wheel drive, long bed, and it appears to be all stock. As much as I like that truck, I have no idea what the real world value is. So before he and I talk numbers I wanted to get a better idea of the value.

Attachments

• 86 F250.jpg
    86 F250.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 41

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really dont think its worth trading a deuce for. Maybe if it was a 350 with a dana 60, but your truck could be parted out and sold for far more than that truck will ever bring.

Personally, Ive parted several trucks nicer than that because nobody wanted them. Everyone wants a 4x4.

Reaction score
I agree it is not worth an even trade. I was going to have him put some money with it, I just do not know how much just yet. I would like to have a 4x4, but I really do not need one for what that truck will be used for.

Reaction score
I have not seen the truck in person yet when I do I was going to get the mileage. Even though I really like these trucks, $2100 is way more than I would ever pay for one.

Reaction score
That is the price range was thinking, maybe a 100 or two more though. I like the truck very much from what I have seen and heard so far. But I hope the owner is prepared to put some money with it.

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen the truck in person yet when I do I was going to get the mileage. Even though I really like these trucks, $2100 is way more than I would ever pay for one.

With you guys from the south,trucks are pretty much rust free, In nebraska, if they are clean it adds a bit more.I gave about 1500$ extra for my truck,just so I did not have to mess with the tin worm

Reaction score
We still have rust, just not like you all have up north. Down here the humidity plays a big role. Locating a nice truck like that rust free is tough. The 73-79 Fords are still popular, so not too many people let them go to crap. But the 80-87 is not so lucky. Finding one in good shape is tough.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would say between 1000-1500. @WD really hurts it for me. but it does look clean. Wonder if the new paint is hiding something though

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight