What is the best towing single turbo??

mlockner

Reaction score
Tim,

Laser Bob is an HTT dealer now. Call him and see what he says. I know he runs an HX40 on his truck. He may be able to give you some insight.

Mike L.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
So many choices, I'll give ol' Bob a call. My p-pump is leaking somewhere anyway, it looks like it'll have to come off to fix it and that's more than I have time to dig into. It seems I may have to abandon my pac brake for something further down the line. I do know I'll be keeping this truck a long time, I might as well make it what I want. Well, within reason anyway. LOL What I want is to send it to Piers with a blank check, but I know that'll never happen. -Playme

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPCDrafting said:
I'm talking for a 12 valve with under 400 hp at the wheels. I'm looking for good daily driveability, and lots of cold air. I don't care about smoke control, it's behind me where the fords and bicyclists are anyway. I want to be able to put the hammer down on the hills and never go past 1200 deg. while towing 12k or less, usually less. Am I dreaming? OK I'd be happy to be able to do that with 6k-7k behind the truck, am I still dreaming? I want to leave on my turbo mounted pac brake, am I again dreaming? I will agree that it needs a HTT 3 piece manifold and 4" from the pac back, and I will do that soon. I really want to start saving now so that by next year, I can have this thing finally setup for towing the loads over the pass and pac brake it down the other side w/o baby sitting guages. :draw

Yeah, buy yourself a Ford 6.0... LOL

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Yeah and the turbo will blow a big hole in the side of itself. And the injectors will malfunction and the computer will shut the hole thing off. This is all counting on if it starts to begin with after I take the hole cab off to check the fluids. :rotflmao

ATSDiesel

Reaction score
The Aurora 2000 is an great turbo for towing. This turbo moves 800cfm versus the stock 550cfm. this turbo can be installed without extensive upgrades to the engine.

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Hello ATS, what upgrades to the engine are required? Can I keep my turbo mounted pacbrake installed?
What is the status on your MST turbo, is it available yet? I saw it at your gathering last winter and it seems fairly simple yet effective.

Bobcat698

PureDieselPower.com
Reaction score
I am also a dealer for HTT Turbos.
Let me know if I can help. I will be installing a Sled Puller 66 turbo in March :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7