What engine is it??? admitting defeat

slim072590

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3D U2 U1025474 is the number... any idea on the year? And thanks for helping me find it guys

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

gandalf

Reaction score
7.3D U2 U1025474 is the number... any idea on the year? And thanks for helping me find it guys

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Somebody may have a list of numbers by year, but only maybe. In the meantime we'll go at it in a logical manner, which may be a mistake. I'm going to assume that Ford, in all it's greater wisdom, put serial numbers on their engine in a sequential fashion. As I say, I could be mistaken in this.

My truck was manufactured in 11/1991 (sold as a 1992 model) in Canada. My engine number is 7.3DU2U9570xx, a number about 68450 lower than your engine. So, if my logic is correct, your engine is a later '92 or newer.

Next we need somebody with a known '93 engine to bracket your number--we'll have one below and one above.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well seeing the turbo blocks came in with serial numbers 1,116,331 I say you engine is a 93 year. Your only 90,856 from the end of the na 7.3 engines. Ford easily sold that many trucks that year too in the diesels..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I always wonder what happened to the original engine when we see this in an older rig. If a person looked at my turbo made up engine first off they will have no idea its a turbo made engine unless they take it apart and see the larger pin size. Then the inconel exhaust valves are another tuff thing to recognise too. But its a turbo engine and not because it has a Banks turbo on it. Its because the internals are actually from a turbo engine. I just made a non turbo engine a turbo engine. Thats the issue lots of times with our rigs. We have no idea what has been done to the power plants under the hoods.