What does this throttle blade on this turbo do?

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
I am searching for a hairdryer for my 6.9. I am considering a rebuilding an oem unit off a 7.3p/s or maybe a dt466. I feel like I want to run a non wastegate style. I am going to fab my own turbo plumbing but *** do I do with this throttle blade thing. I really need to understand what is does. :dunno

You must be registered for see images attach

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the exhaust back pressure valve. Its used by the PSD to warm up the engine faster on cold starts.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
It's there to assist in warming up the engine is what I was told.

Looks like you may be able to modify it as an exhaust brake with stiffer exhaust valve springs.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i have a turbo like this for sale right now, if you want it i will make a good deal to anyone on the brotherhood

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. :)

Dyoung14, How much for the turbo? What is it off of and what condition is it in?

95 PSD, i have had the turbo gone threw, all it needs is a compressor wheel on the cold side i knocked it off the work bench when we were putting it back together, the bearings and everything else inside of the turbo is perfect, the cold side wheel aint to high and is real easy to put on, i have the exhuast Y-PIPE collector and both clamps that you would need with the turbo, PM me for price