What a day....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
First off I had the CAT from hell at work today, a C15 for VVA trouble codes...A 1hr job turned into a days work with a comedy of issues getting parts and torque specs from CAT....In between all this I changed out my fast idle switch at lunch as it had quit on me this spring....I loaded 2000L of water into my truck (seeding more new lawn) and headed for home glad to be clear of that friggin CAT.:mad: -cuss ...

I stopped to run an errand and I thought I should check for leaks having had the coolant drained.....I had a leak, but not one that I created - my water pump was F.U.B.A.R:dunno :rolleyes: ....******* all over the ground....I pulled a long grade with about 5000lbs in the bed and it got a little warmer than it usually does on that hill....The water pump appears to be original, still has some grey paint on it - no shame I guess with 420,000km on it. No place to get a new one until Monday so I'm left to drive the wife's "minivan" to work for a day....:eek: ....To top my day off I drove her van tonight and I think the A/C is on it's way out as it's not very cold. I guess my lunch will be busy on Monday checking that out.-cuss

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Dang.... when it rains it pours, it just always seems to work out that way, doesn't it? Seems that way with me and my stuff at least...... You'll get it worked out though, least you can fix you're own stuff, i just make mine worse, hahaha

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Stuff only breaks when your a little low on cash eh?...LOL....I'll fix the truck tommorow night if I can find a pump tommorow. I think the van is just a little low on charge, the A/C works but it's not very cold that's all....Atleast not very cold compared to my truck.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....To top my day off I drove her van tonight and I think the A/C is on it's way out as it's not very cold. I guess my lunch will be busy on Monday checking that out.-cuss
:rotflmao :rotflmao Air conditioning in Eastern Canada :rotflmao :rotflmao *** do you need that for.....I mean come on I know how warm it gets there like oh wow 28 on a hot day is about the worst I recall.....:rotflmao :rotflmao try 40+ THAT is air conditioning weather!:D :D

Seriously man that whole deal sucks....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
30C here today, I have the heat pump on 21 for A/C in the house....30 is hot enough for me. I've been to Folrida in July, that was insane. How can you enjoy yourself when all you do is sweat sitting still....after wearing polyester coverall's for 8hrs in the 25+C weather I like my A/C.

I have a used water pump here but with my luck it might last a week so I'll suck it up and buy a NEW one...LOL