Went to Baja and the Truck did Great!!!

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't been around much lately but just thought I'd drop in and show an IDI can still tow cross country no problem. Over Christmas My Family and I went to Baja and took all the toys with us. I ended up towing our 33' fifth wheel with three quads, three dirt bikes, and Jeep, which was an estimated 12K. Despite having the clutch disk explode the day before we were supposed to leave the truck did the 3000-mile round trip without a single hiccup. The Truck has changed quite a bit from the last time you all saw it and now sports a 4inch lift, custom receiver winch mount, and a 5spd where the C6 was. All in all the trip was great except for when I had to ditch it into the median at 60 to miss a Subaru that locked up the brakes for a coyote right outside Albuquerque but the truck did great and got me and the trailer back on the road great. The last picture shows my tracks in the median from the other side of the highway and the others are of our camp in Baja. Hope you enjoy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forgot to add these two. They were taken a week before we left. Truck did great and never got stuck but I was glad to leave the snow for two weeks.

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Wow, this first pic sure look beautiful, now I know what You mean on the car slamming on the brakes i always try and keep about 150+ feet distance while driving on highway. I can't wait to take vacations and leave for a long trip.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Great pix! Thanks. The beach looks just yummy!

Glad you missed the goober in the whoopeedoo. What a moron.

Is the D50 still under the front end??

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics and nice truck! What Brand is the lift? are those the 285's still on it, or a different size?

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the Dana 50 is still under there, but I wish it wasn't. I really coundn't tell you what brand the lift is I got the front springs and piviot brackets off craigslist for 50 bucks, the pitman arm is a procomp, the shocks are skyjacker nitro 9000, the brake lines are stainless skyjacker's and instead of blocks in the back I used a shackle flip kit from Sky Mfg. which worked great. And yes those are still the 285's under it.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Truck's looking good! Those last few pics of the snow look like it does at my place. Well it did two weeks ago. You went through Albuquerque and didn't drop us a line? Ryan Eklund and I could have met up with you for lunch or something. We don't get too many IDIers through these parts.

I'll bet it was nice relaxing somewhere warm where you didn't have to "get out and shovel snow" for a change.;Sweet

Tom

bluecollar

Reaction score
Man I sure liked those pix. That truck is looking good but I couldn't imagine getting that kind of snow here in Mississippi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger