Well it used to be nice...

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Went to unload the camper today and my tail gate was stuck closed... Usually I have to pull pretty ******* the handle to get it to release--well I pulled fairly hard and it snapped off due to the -0 degree weather ;Sweet Being that the camper was in the truck with the tail gate up I had ZERO access to the release rods inside and no way to access any of the bolts that hold the locking mechanizes on :dunno

Now for the Tech (good stuff here): If this ever happens use a couple thousand F-bombs, throw sh*t all over the back yard in a fit of rage, chip the nice paint, bent the metal and wedge in a couple pry bars and it should come right off. Make sure the neighbors are staring out their windows the whole time too! :sly If that doesn't work its time for a flat bed :thumbsup:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the U-tube video the neighbors took, hope they got the sound track. How did you do that again? My 92 tailgate won't open. Where those the large size F-Bombs? :eek: :rotflmao:rotflmao

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys in Cache Valley make it through the winters, let alone moving a camper around!!:hail

I tease my Dad that you all live in 'extreme southern Canada'. LOL

Callling BS; I've tried that throwing sh*# all over the backyard in a fit of rage. It has never worked. Not once.:dunno

gatorman21218

Reaction score
No get a utility bed! Though the tool box latches can sometimes be a pain, the tail gate is as simple as it gets. On each side of the gate there is a tab with a hole, which corresponds to a hole on the truck. Just drop in a hook to lock it closed and pull out the hook to open. If for some reason you loose the hook, the chain attached to it and the bracket holding the chain to the body, why then the possibilities are endless as to what you can use to hold the tailgate shut.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
LOL I knew some of you would appreciate this one! The only words I said to the guys at work was tail gate and prybar and ol' Mikey blurts out "Oh no you had a flair up?!" :dunno :rotflmao

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
umm wouldnt it be easier if you took the gate OFF with the camper on?ive learned that throwin stuff just ends up costing u more money when youre done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online