Well, I'll be damned

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I've been struggling off and on with a code 23 error. I have had the voltages set at 1.1 and 4.2 and installed a new FIPL/ TPS. Code would still come back randomly.
I've been reading the other threads and achieves to see what I was missing. I pulled out my old FIPL and checked where the tongue from the throttle contacted and pulled the new one of to check that it was the same. They were, but then something happened. One of the clips on the side of the socket fell off. So, then, that was broken and obviously the connection was being lost. So, I grabbed some electrical tape and taped it down tight, for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Got any pics.. you know this never happened if you don't post up some pics...:angel::angel:

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run across it on here before but had to look it up. Lol.
Sounds like a good idea for electrical connections

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
direwulf23 - You should verify that the TPS pigtail I linked for you above is the correct one for your truck. It "LOOKS" like the right one, BUT i could not verify that searching an on line Ford parts site. Maybe someone else here will chime in and verify it. Just wanted you to know that before you bought it and it turned out it was the wrong one. A TPS pigtail may also be available locally like at O'Reilly's or someplace like that. I have not checked. Redneckaggie is advising you to solder the connections beween the truck harness wires and the new pigtail wires. Don't use crimp on butt splices. They add electrical resistance to the already sensitive TPS circuit. Solder the wires together cleanly, cover with heat shrink tubing for insulation and you will be good to go.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had checked some but couldn't confirm or deny whether that was the correct pigtail. You guys totally rock.