Well I screwed up big this time....

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So back in February I bought from a friend a '93 F250 w/7.3idi n/a, for $600. It was an ext. cab, auto, 4x4, 260k miles, but ran like a champ, sounded awesome, and I loved it to death. It did have a BUNCH of body rust, fender rot, cab corners shot, paint looked like crap, but I loved it anyways. It needed some work, but I was willing and ready. However, in June, a huge family emergency came up, I was strapped for cash, had to travel back and forth by plane, and airfare, lodging gas and everything killed me and in desperation, I SOLD my idi!! I was so bogged for money, I sold it off to some kid for $1400 and luckily made a little profit as I only had probably $300 into it. But now everything is over and I'm back on track (although still broke) that sale is sinking in. At first, I was frustrated with the truck, so selling it didn't bother me...Much. But now, I think back, and I had negotiated an amazing deal with a member here for a COMPLETE mint turbo kit for it I was saving for, I had a set of new fenders and a bed for dirt cheap I was set to pick up THAT weekend for it. I can't believe what I did, and now, of course I want another one, but coming across these things is like getting something for free from the ghandi-mart. I've search hi and low, and of course can't find ANY deal like I got, but I don't expect that, I at least figured I could find one for $1000-$1500, as I really hardly even have that to spend on another one. Plus I'm kinda picky as I really only like '92+ bodystyles, but at this point, i'd settle for any 7.3 and I'll just swap the nose! a powerstroke is out of the question, those sell for $7000+ here with over 300k miles and rotted out, but honestly, i'd pay more for an idi becuase of the simplicity and dependability alone. I can't find another one anywhere, and I'm so dissappointed. -cuss-cuss-cuss Any one have any idea of a good place to look (other than craigs) for another one cheap? My g/f is getting pissed because I spend every minute home on craigs searching my area, and my boss is pissed because I spend every minute at work surfin craigs too, but I haven't had a bit of luck, or everything is not quite want a want. I thought a '90+ 7.3idi turbo, 4x4 auto wouldn't be that hard to find, but it's proving otherwise. Have any of you guys seen any lately on your local craigs in your area, heard of any, know of any, ESPECIALLY in the new england area. At this point, i'd even have one shipped here, as i'm searching ebay and everywhere else, hahaha. Pleaseeee let me know if you guys know of any, or another place to search I'm not thinking of here I could find a decent cheap idi, at this point, i dont even care about body rust and paint. :dunno Thanks guys!

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be willing to part with mine. I have a turbo kit ready to go onto it + a spare bed that is 99%. Needs cab corners and some minor tiddly winks. Has a set of american racing hart rims and brand new 31" tires. It's a 93 with a ZF-5, ext cab and 4x4, 8' bed with a diamond plate tool box. 2 new batteries (as of this past march), all new u joints, new starter solenoid, cold ac and good heat. All new brake and fuel lines. Radiotor leaks slightly but only when it is filled to the max. Radiator should be replaced. Starts on the first crank if ran the day before, otherwise the second crank. Has a very small oil leak, not sure from where. Might be rear main seal. New leafs front with an add-a-leaf, althrough that made a slight toe-in issue with the tires. Needs new speakers, only one works at the moment. Has a cheapie head unit installed so it can play CDs. other odd ball issues in my signature.PM me if you are interested. Has 185kish miles on it.

I live in westfield, but the truck is in belchertown.

Last edited:

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I love this site! Hasn't been 30 mins yet and already help!

BigNick, I would be all over that truck BUT it's a standard. I love a standard BUT I blew out my knee a few years back and had a partial replacement (yeah, at 17 :rollseyes:) but now I can't manage a clutch for a long period of time, so it's Auto's Only for me, which makes this search that much harder! But thanks for the offer!

Corey- Thanks for those, I'm gonna read through them all now, that's the help I need in some other local states! Thanks

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly... I hate when people say that and don't explain...

Call 'em up or email them. if you email them mabey you will get lucky and they will respond to your email. i am going back and forth w/email talking to a guy about a '79 f250 on crags right now. he responded within a couple hours of my first email.;Sweet

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother has one with 3 speed, pulls like a mule, is a 4 door 8 ft bed, passes inspection right now but needs a alternator. He isn't sure if he is gonna keep it, so he hasn't put the $300 in it. He had the 3 speed professionally rebuilt with some serious tough stuff( I am not mechanically inclined, he can give you the details) has turned up the pump, and he personally rebuilt engine (he's a certified diesel mechanic). It has over 250k, but it still will rip a house off of it's foundation. Has a shift kit and a sidewinder (I think, i know it is a banks but 50/50 on it being a sidewinder) turbo on it.

It is nothing pretty, but it will serve you reliably.

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'94- I'm gonna try that, shoot him and email and see if he replies.

BigNick, sorry, but the 3-speed, is that an auto or standard transmission? I've only had a e4od and dont know about much else as that was my first idi truck

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it IS an auto- let me know, i'd be pretty interested for the right price. any idea what he's looking at for a price??

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
if you want, i could possibly go look at any in my area. give em a good look over.

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corey, that would be really awesome also, if I hear back on that first white one I might need ya, plus I'm sure you could tell me more than any owner would anyways, and I'd trust the opinion better. Thanks for looking out!

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother's is an 88 or a 89, can't remember, and definitely is a automatic. you would have to swap the front end....

But from Windsor, we are about a 40 minute drive away... like 20 minutes from springfield.

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BigNick- if he's interested ask him how much he would let it go for? The right price and I woul be interested in a bricknose. And do you have a few pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online