Weird start issue

SgtTolly

Reaction score
Hey all new to diesels and the forum bit I've been lurking for a bit. Just picked up a 90 250 with a shot lift pump, replaced with a duralift e pump and now I'm having weird electrical problems. With the #8 fuse in I get no wait to start light and no e pump. With the fuse out I get about two seconds of both light and pump then nothing, if I turn the key to run the lightly touch the fuse to the holder bam e pump and light and truck will drive all day just no radio and such. I've been driving it like this since it's my daily and I don't want to admit to the wife that she might have been right about not selling my gasser for the idi but I love the truck. Any ideas would be awesome thanks guys.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you have your electric pump wired? It shouldn't be associated with your GP controller. I have my pump wired to the IP shutoff solenoid circuit (my pump draws very little power).

I suggest wiring the pump to a temporary power source and see if the problem goes away. At least you will have isolated the problem. If wiggling the fuse helps the I would start with changing the fuse (cheap) and then digging deeper.

SgtTolly

Reaction score
Fuel pump is wired with the fss on the inj pump, I'll pull the trigger wire for the pump tonight and see if that changes anything. Already tried replacing fuses with no luck.

SgtTolly

Reaction score
Fixed it... pulled the trigger wire for the pump off the fss then re seated it and bam everything works like it should I sure feel dumb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online