Weatherstrip, door seals, etc.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Looking for a supplier for this kind of stuff. Maybe someone makes a "complete kit"??

Did you know: if the drivers side cowl drain clogs it will hold over a gallon of water and *** it on your feet in left turns. LOL :rolleyes:

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Are you looking to replace your weatherstripping because of it collapsing and letting air whistle in your cab? Don't bother. Go to Home depot and get 40' of 1/4" or 3/8" clear vinyl tubing (20' per door). Actually about 17'-18' per door. Remove the weatherstripping and feed the tube through the hole. To aid the threading, put some soapy water on the tubing. Another option is getting dual rod backer rod, but it's a PIA to thread through, but works better than vinyl.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
All my stuff is rotted out. The metal inside the door strip is rusted and it's swelled up. :puke: Window track rubber is trashed. I could keep going if I knew the names for everything.

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to jcwhitney, they have all types of stripping.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey krawlr I might have some extra parts for your doors if I do some digging.Wing assemblies and channels, the felt strips are pretty cheap from glass shops, older good ones of course. New glass shops dont know diddly

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
hey krawlr, you might wanna check with national parts depot as well, them might have a better price than LMC (dont get me wrong i LOVE LMC), just giving you another option ;Really

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford still has a lot of this available. Hard to beat OEM.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Ford still has a lot of this available. Hard to beat OEM.
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from LMC over the last couple of months...mostly hardware related. Seems kinda strange that it comes in the OEM Motorcraft packaging but Ford says it's "no longer available" or "special order". I was always under the impression that if you didn't get it from the stealership, then it was aftermarket. I'm finding that is not always true. And the prices are nearly the same or less. Points to ponder. :confused:

Tom

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Well, I took the laptop out to the truck, pulled up the LMC catalog, and went into candy store mode. Doing my part to boost the national economy.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealerships that tell you that something is no longer available, are using a computer to get the part numbers. The smart guys who kept the books, know the part numbers and know how to find the hidden inventory. As told to me by my Ford dealer - who kept the books.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Dealerships that tell you that something is no longer available, are using a computer to get the part numbers.

What, the computers are not smart and do not know everything? :confused: I would never have guessed! LOL

I need to feed the kids though, so the dealers best keep buying those Electronic Parts catalogs! (Never mind the fact that I do not train parts and service!)