Water lead into passenger compartment

mpdxtreme

Reaction score
Hope this is the right place for this question, here goes:
After washing my truck today I had a large amount of water on the floor mats and the carpet along the door sill was soaked. I pulled the kick panel, door sill, peeled back the carpet and one other piece of insulation that was wet. Is there a drain for the area under the cowl(?), the piece at the base of the windshield that has all the holes in it. I can pour a cup of water through all the little holes and then go inside the truck and there is a drip but I cant get under the dash far enough to see where it is comeing from.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Greg G

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Hope this is the right place for this question, here goes:
After washing my truck today I had a large amount of water on the floor mats and the carpet along the door sill was soaked. I pulled the kick panel, door sill, peeled back the carpet and one other piece of insulation that was wet. Is there a drain for the area under the cowl(?), the piece at the base of the windshield that has all the holes in it. I can pour a cup of water through all the little holes and then go inside the truck and there is a drip but I cant get under the dash far enough to see where it is comeing from.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Greg G

For starters what year [body style] truck are you working on?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Next time roll the windows up :sly JK

There are drains for the cowl, If you remove the inner fenders there should be a rubber plug with a slot that the water can drain though, I cleaned the ones out of my 97 over the weekend. They were full of all kinds of crud.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Sorry, rookie mistake, its a 96 PSD extra cab (not 4 door)

Greg G

No problem man. I'm not sure if the body style after yours has the drain the same place, thats why I asked. I got kind of lucky with mine... some idiot pulled out in front of me last year and nearly totaled my truck, so the body shop cleaned mine out while the front end was ripped apart. I believe taking the fenders off is the only way like Russ said.

mpdxtreme

Reaction score
Russ you are tlaking about the plastic inner fenders right?

Also where did you get the all clear light assemblys from?

Greg G

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Don't know about Russ, but I got my clear lighting over ebay. I can find who I bought them through if you want. The body shop that put them on while fixing my truck from the accident said they were very good quality, and thay've been on it for bout a year now, and still look as good as when I bought them!

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Here's a better look at mine. They should be the same as his.

Attachments

• truckfixed 001.jpg
    truckfixed 001.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 7
  • truckbumper 010.jpg
    truckbumper 010.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 3

mpdxtreme

Reaction score
I saw those on EBay the other day. My lamps are all cloudy anyway so I was going to replace them anyway, might as well get the nice looking ones.

Thanks

Greg G