water injection system in front of charger

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
if you use it all the time i can see were it would cause problems. i understand that you are suppose to inject it behind the charger. i just dont want to take the chance of not getting all of the metal out of the intake from drilling and threading the hole for the nozzel because if you dont there would be some big problems.

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
if you use it all the time i can see were it would cause problems. i understand that you are suppose to inject it behind the charger. i just dont want to take the chance of not getting all of the metal out of the intake from drilling and threading the hole for the nozzel because if you dont there would be some big problems.

Well it would only take 30 mins or so to take your intake off, then you could drill away and clean it afterwards...just a thought. It would be interesting to see if this has any positive or negative effect on the power gains you are seeing now!:thumbsup:

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Well it would only take 30 mins or so to take your intake off, then you could drill away and clean it afterwards...just a thought. It would be interesting to see if this has any positive or negative effect on the power gains you are seeing now!:thumbsup:

Heck i even got a spare intake i'll send ya if you pay the shipping! then you can drill it any way ya want? :thumbsup:

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
let me run this setup first and see what happens. becuase i know what your saying. but i just want to see if i pukes a charger and if it does then oh well put a new one on and back to the drawing board. besides it wont be on this truck for long i almost got my 96 psd back together and i'am going to run it after the charger like your suppose to. i'am just playing with the thought and made it work on my 94 which it is on now

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just follow the recommendations....

Do it right the first time and that way you don't blow a very expensive turbo.cookoo

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
i have a new ats turbo siting on the shelf along with three other stock chargers plus two new heads and ip and lines and injectors so if it pukes it wont bother me none. but like i said i'am just playing with this setup to see for my self i thank you guys for the info and i will do it right on my pulling truck

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this water/methanol injection system on "Two Guys Garage" a few weeks ago. They said is could be used on any turbo diesel and was good for quite a bit of power. At $189, it seems like a good deal. Click link below and scroll to bottom of page:

http://www.twoguysgarage.com/episodes/index.php?epi=423

Here's the vendor web site for "Mr. Freeze." They make no mention of a turbo diesel application. So what do you all think? Will this work on our rigs with an aftermarket turbo system?

Vendor's site: http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/

Follow the links to "Anderson Products" and click on "Mr. Freeze."

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
would this be a turbo only set up or could you use it one a non-turbo engine?

rubberfish

Reaction score
I saw this water/methanol injection system on "Two Guys Garage" a few weeks ago. They said is could be used on any turbo diesel and was good for quite a bit of power. At $189, it seems like a good deal.
If you don't want my opinion, stop reading now. :)

A couple of things. For what that kit is, you can
build one for a lot less than $189. All that is, is a
windshield washer pump. And as for their hp gains?
I call bullchit. With an electronic controller, a 220psi
pump, and two 625 ml/min nozzles you'll gain up to 70hp
with a 50/50 water/**** mix. I'm not saying their kit won't work.
It will, just no where near what they'd like you to believe.
There are a handful of those style of kits around. But they can
be built for a fraction of the asking price by shopping at your
local auto parts store. Good luck, and do your homework. :)

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want my opinion, stop reading now. :)

A couple of things. For what that kit is, you can
build one for a lot less than $189. All that is, is a
windshield washer pump. And as for their hp gains?
I call bullchit. With an electronic controller, a 220psi
pump, and two 625 ml/min nozzles you'll gain up to 70hp
with a 50/50 water/**** mix. I'm not saying their kit won't work.
It will, just no where near what they'd like you to believe.
There are a handful of those style of kits around. But they can
be built for a fraction of the asking price by shopping at your
local auto parts store. Good luck, and do your homework. :)

....just saw it on TV and thought I'd bring it up here - was never sold on it. No worry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner