Washer Pump Is Weak, Anyone Have One???

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The windshield washer pump in my brown truck is so weak it cant even squirt one nozzle up past the wiper much less two. Does anyone have an extra pump/tank? Or do you guys have any ideas as to what could be wrong with mine? I can't keep driving the truck this way its dangerous.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best thing I did for my washers was to rip out and throw away that whole factory mess, pump, tank, and all.

I made my own jug and bracket, which is a story all of it's own; but, for a few years, my jug was just that--- the gallon jug that the fluid came in with the hose stuck through an X cut in the lid.

I have one of those universal washer pumps and, at over twenty years old, it will still shoot fluid plumb over the cab.

I really don't need it; but, just for the :thumbsup: factor, I am going to add a second universal pump, one for each side.

If your jug is leak-free, you can use it with one of the universal pumps by plugging the hose at the old pump and sticking the draw-hose through an X cut in the lid.

The factory washer has two wires, one GROUND, and the other powered by the switch; just splice into those to power the universal pump and it will work just like the original. ;Sweet

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Sometimes they get some buildup around the vanes and that can slow them down. You can try cleaning it or getting a replacement at the parts store. I changed mine last summer, they are pretty easy to do.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or you can do like the off-roaders and hook up one of those 12-volt sprayer pumps to some 1/2" line with pressure-nozzles; that oughta get her clean. ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle