Was running great, now won't start

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the '94 in my sig two days ago. Today I started up at about 30 degrees, ran fine. In and out a few times hooking up a trailer alone, starting it up and shutting down every time cause the parking break doesn't work. About the third time I go to crank and get nothing. Glow light comes on, absolutely no power to the starter. I let it cool a few minutes, tried whacking the starter, nothing.

Battery light is on, and the dummy gauge is a little low. The batteries have stickers saying 1/08 and 1/07 and they're 850's. like I say its been starting fine before, and this time the motor was warm so it should have been easy. There is a clicking noise when, about two a second, coming from a little thing on the passenger side valve cover. It has two or three wires going to it and a wavy little fuse looking strip of metal which is about half inch wide. Tried jumping it, nothing. Its as if I wasn't pushing the clutch in or something. The clutch sensor must have been disabled on this truck, I have started it in the past few days with the clutch out obviously with the trans in neutral, so I don't think its the problem.

Any advice would be great!

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got brave and started jumping terminals with my leatherman... hit the two there on the pass fender and she fired right up, with the key on and everything. So I guess I'll move to the tech section to discuss why its doing this and how to fix.

HDpullingpower

Reaction score
It sounds like it is the starter solenoid, if by jumping the little block on the passengers side started the truck..then most likely you jumped the solenoid...replace it and all should be fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7