Want to trade Running boards for steps and lights

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some ford factory running boards.

You must be registered for see images

These are not damaged, not bent, not scratched, etc. I haven't cleaned them yet, because I was waiting till after installation for that. But they are too big for my truck. I have a regular cab, and these fit an extended cab.

What I want to trade them for is some cheapo steps like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Bully-Alumin...0?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1490323732&sr=1-20 (I hope urls work here.)

And some cheapo tiny LED light pods like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Light-Northp...id=1490324237&sr=1-10&keywords=led+light+pods

I can't travel much to make the trade, so if you want to do this, you'll have to come somewhere close to Index, Wa to make the trade.

Thank you.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
your "image" of what you are wanting to trade out is not loading.
Sorry about that.

I can't edit it, so I'll try it here:
You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah, really dirty. LOL

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be in the wrong section. Those are Superduty steps. I pulled the exact same set out of my 6.0 when I bought it, mounts are where they're supposed to from what I can tell.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do you have those mounted up on a 80-98 body?
a serious amount of honesty goes a long ways.
Honesty???

I said in the first post that I didn't mount them. They won't mount on my truck. (Technically... I said I was waiting on installation to clean them. And followed that with 'they are too big for my truck. I guess I shouldn't have assumed that people would understand that I hadn't mounted them. But it looks pretty clear, to me.)

If I had a king cab, I could hang them from the top bolts, in the normal mounting location, then brace back from the bottom of those brackets to the frame, to keep them from just rolling backward. It would work.

Must be in the wrong section. Those are Superduty steps. I pulled the exact same set out of my 6.0 when I bought it, mounts are where they're supposed to from what I can tell.
They could very well be superduty running boards. For all I know they could have come off of a van. They are factory ford running boards. Says on the back. I was given them, in trade. I wasn't told what they came off of. I thought they would work. I found out they are too long for my truck. Had they been shorter, I would have installed them as I explained above. And I know it would work.

I am not trying to be deceiving here, people. If someone wants to make a trade for these, well and good. Thank you for your time.

Here is another pic I took today.

There are some rust spots where pieces of metal were against them, while in storage. I believe those can be dealt with, with "oxi-clean".

Other than that, only minor scratches!

There is water, pooled at the left end of each, that's not a defect.

And they are the same length. My phone is the only camera I have. One is closer to the 'camera'. and the phone camera exaggerates that.

I really wanted these to work. If no one wants to make a trade, then this summer when I have a chance, I WILL make them work!

Last edited:

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they have part numbers on the back? That would go a long way in determining fitment. The image in post 7 won't load for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they have part numbers on the back? That would go a long way in determining fitment. The image in post 7 won't load for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I'll look for a number. I know I saw the logo.

The pic in post 7, was uploaded here, then put in as a full sized pic. Let's try it again... as a thumbnail...

Last edited:

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I went and looked all over for numbers.

Found 2.

On the bottom: YC35-16A264 CA
On the bracket: YC35- 16N470 AA (And that is where the Ford logo is, as well.)

If there are any numbers on the plastic part, they are hidden under the metal. It is pouring down rain out there and I am not about to go out and try to disassemble these, to get a hidden number off the plastic. LOL ;):D

Thank you to anyone who can help with this. :)

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
without a doubt they are SD running boards.
99+ F250/350
Thank you, thank you!

Now I know what I am dealing with. Maybe make it a bit easier, if I try again.

:):):):):)

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the sad part is that ive thrown so many of the steps you want in the scrap pile.
too bad too, because I could use these for my 01

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the sad part is that ive thrown so many of the steps you want in the scrap pile.
too bad too, because I could use these for my 01

Thanks again.

These go close to my rear wheels. But are plenty far enough away from them to not cause any problems.

If I still have them in a month or three, whenever the weather dries up enough, here, I AM going to hang them, and fabricate the extra braces.

Even though I'll also have to fabricate a different kind of mount for the last hanger or two.

I considered cutting them short so they would fit, but decided maybe someone else would like to have them, full length. And it just seemed a shame to butcher them up, just because it's what I have, if someone else would like them, uncut.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online