Want to buy guages & pillar pod - - where?

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
After spending WAY too much money on new brakes, re-man trans, new radiator, and a used turbo, I figure I'd better get some guages in this truck. (the 94 CC F350 4X4) I want to put (If I can) engine temp, trans temp, oil pressure, pyro, vac/boost, & volt meter on the windshield post. The truck is too nice to cut up the dash, or put them on top of the dash, & the old eyes probobly wouldn't do well under the dash.
I've been to NAPA, Advance Auto, and Auto Zone and get blank stares when I tell them what I want:dunno ;Really -cuss . So I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction.
I'd apreciate the help.
Chuck

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You might be able to get 4 gauges on the pillar if you use the non full pillar ones but the full pillar ones only hold 3 gauges. I know you mentioned you didn't want to put anything on top of the dash but they do make a deal that velcros to the dash above the radio on the f-series - it works but you will have to replace the velcro every so often, it routes the wires on the outside of the dash in a split loom tubing. I had one on The Enterprise that housed 3 gauges and I just screwed it to the dash - figured if I ever want to loose it I would just get a dash rug cover to cover up the screw dimples.

FaC

Reaction score
Can't help with that year but as far as a supplier goes I got mine from www.dieselmanor.com a couple of years ago. Good price at the time, good directions and good service...

FWIW - FaC

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 on diesel manor. That's who I just bought the last couple gauges from. I had a sender on backorder, and they called me to tell me it had shipped. cookoo LOL That's good service. ;Sweet

ramon f350

Reaction score
ok so I was looking at the gugues and on the pyro do you want it pre turbo or post turbo and why?

Thanks

Ramon

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Ramon, pre turbo cuz the temp is lowered by the turbo post turbo & its the real temp as it exits the head that matters. At least, that my take on it.:D
Chuck

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so I was looking at the gugues and on the pyro do you want it pre turbo or post turbo and why?

Thanks

Ramon

Pre turbo, and pre pipe for the most part. Get it within 3" of the exhaust flange. Why? Because you get the most accurate real time reading there. The further downstream you go, the cooler it gets, and the longer it takes it to respond. By the time you hit critical mass in the cylinders, it maybe a few seconds until you see that change if mounted elsewhere. Plus you can't really compare your readings to other trucks results if the probes are all over the place. If everybody keeps it within 3" of the flange, then everybody can compare.