Wahoo! Let the project begin

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got some much needed work started on the 250,master cylinder was last nite,not completely bled out because one of them broke off (ugh) lot better braking now tho. Soon to come a set of BB's,return line kit,u-joints n front,fix broken brake bleeder somewhere n there also! Oh and change rear diff fluid! Here is my question.. I hav a c-6,is it safe to flush it or just drain tranny,cooler and tourqe converter? Friend (also a mechanic) of mine said to flush because the fluid is crap and slow going into gear..already have filter and gasket on hand. Thanks

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trans....remove inspection cover and slowly turn engine over by hand...ya I know....tough...look and see if you can find a drain on torque converter...if so your golden..

Drain TC
Drop pan drain and replace filter
If you have a way to flush the cooling lines/cooler do so to remove as much old fluid as possible.

Plug TC clean pan and pan gasket area...SURGICALLY CLEAN install pan and new gasket...MAKE SURE PAN IS FLAT too...not bent outta shape from over tightening....

I'm a sucker for elephant snot (Permatex aviation form a gasket) so I'd probablly snot the trans case gasket surface and the pan surface too....prior to install....let set for 1/2 hour or so...remember DON"T over tighten...this is KEY for gaskets like this ...or you squish em out...

reconnect your coolant lines and fill trans with required amount/type ATF...done!

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks riotwarrior,jasper I had sneaky suspicions that it would be a good idea to replace both sides.. Thanks again I'm sure as I hav time and more parts I will hav more?'s

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brakes are fixed thanks to a buddy as my job would not alow me to do on my own. She stops on a dime now :) Had the pleasure to call Conestoga diesel and order injectors (BB's)an return line kit,got to meet Mel over the phone! Pretty excited because I've read so much about Conestoga an figured it was the only smart way to go,thanks again Mel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrthechampion

Members online