Vent window woes!

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about at wits end with these flippin vent window. Teardown was easy, until i broke the stud on the frame off. Then the new weatherstripping was less than easy to install. Now that i finally get one together, THE DANG FRAME IS BENT COMPLETELY!!!!! I have a nice huge gap at the rounded corner, thats bigger than when i started! I cannot afford to have the truck down right now and its now looking like a trip to the wrecking yard to try and find a entire assembly that looks like its still sealing to pull and install in mine. UGH! Okay, rant off.
On a positve note, my sound deadening material from eastwood showed up, looks like top notch stuff, and my rear window from LMC. Meaning i can pull the power sliding rear window out and finally have a rear window that doesn't leak.

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
woah man the window vent wings are supposed to have a natural bend to them. just take off your door panel and roll your window all the way down and its alot easier to do...but they are supposed to be naturally bent

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly i know they are supposed to be bent, however, mine have a huge gap no matter what. I removed the entire assembly from the door to make things "easier". I just dont understand how it can be this far out? I mean, the window itself would have to be bent, and that doesn't happen lol. I wonder if the little frame itself could be bent?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online